Cookie Ideas For Italy Theme!

Baking By CindyM Updated 29 May 2008 , 1:45am by antonia74

CindyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindyM Posted 27 May 2008 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 8

A dear friend of mine is moving to Italy soon, and I need help with ideas for cookies! So far, I can only think of Italian flag, pizza, or wine. But keep the ideas simple, I don't cut out my own shapes (no Coloseum or gondolas!) and not that great with lots of details. I just need help with a few simple ideas to wish her good-bye. Thanks everyone!

7 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 27 May 2008 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 8

Those are the exact threee thoings I thought of when I read the title - wine, Italian flag, and pizza!!

How about.... canoli? Italy? oives? grapes? pasta?

emhurston Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emhurston Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:25am
post #3 of 8

The first thing I thought of was Italian pottery. Google Italian pottery images and you will get lots of ideas. It is beautiful and colorful. Different regions have their own patterns, so you could customize according to where she is moving if possible. Best of luck, can't wait to see what you decide to do.

Ellen icon_biggrin.gif

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:27am
post #4 of 8

Well, I was going to say grapes, but you beat me to it! I think the pasta is a cute idea. You could make a round cookie for the plate & then pipe some icing on top with a very thin tip for spaghetti. Then, for the "sauce" you could melt some white chocolate w/ red food coloring & pour a little on top of each "spaghetti' pile.

Just thought of another idea that would be pretty simple.......if you can find a boot cookie cutter, you can make boot shaped cookies & write "Italy" on them like it is on the map. (Get it? Because Italy is shaped like a boot.)

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:11pm
post #5 of 8

recently i did an around the world themed cookie tree. for italy i had the colliseum, tower of pisa, grapes, olives, and pizza. the colliseum doesn't have to be that detailed.
LL
LL

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:12pm
post #6 of 8

they're super basic

CindyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindyM Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:37pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks, everyone! Dawn, you are sooooo talented and thank you for sharing all your wonderful ideas and cookies with all of us on this web site! I haven't decided what to do yet - have 2 graduations orders to get out first.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:45am
post #8 of 8

I did cookies in the shape of Italy once, but BOY OH BOY were they a challenging shape to cut out! icon_cry.gif Thank goodness I only had to do a few! You could use a stocking or sock cookie cutter though, and just pipe the outline of the country onto that...it would still work and it's such a familiar Italian shape!

More obscure suggestions might be fancy shoes and purses, a plate of spaghetti, cheese, tomatoes, garlic, something to represent opera maybe, a gladiator helmet, etc. etc.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%