Relay For Life???

Decorating By misterc Updated 27 May 2008 , 10:13pm by tinashaye

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 27 May 2008 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 5

My mom asked me if I would donate three cakes for a Relay for Life function. They only need to be 6 inch cakes maybe filled. I am trying to come up with a few designs but I can't seem to come up with anything. I could just do the Relay for Life sign or purple ribbons but I want something a bit more special. My mom is a cancer survivor so it is close to heart. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a head of time!

4 replies
chihuahua Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chihuahua Posted 27 May 2008 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 5

My co-worker at our cancer center is chairing the Relay for Life this year as well. I am JUST new into cake decorating, and would like to make a cake for this function as well. The theme for Relay this year is Celebrate.; Remember.; Fight Back. Celebrate is in Purple, Remember is in Blue, and Fight Back is in Red on the book I have in front of me. I was thinking about making a 3 tiered cake and making the top tier in Purple with the word Celebrate on it, the second tier with Remeber in blue, and the bottom tier in red with Fight Back on it. Maybe in Fondant. Hope this helps you icon_smile.gif

Kristen

levinea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
levinea Posted 27 May 2008 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 5

What about doing a candle cake? The 6" size is perfect for that. During the relay here, we light candles in memory of those who passed from cancer and in honor of the survivors. That might be special to those who participate in the illumination event (I am assuming every relay for life does this and not just my local one).

tinashaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinashaye Posted 27 May 2008 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 5

I like the candle idea. Here in NY we have luminarias, it's a candle in a white paper bag with an inscription on it. I think it would look beautiful as a cake.

Also maye surround a cake with all the different cancer ribbons.

tinashaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinashaye Posted 27 May 2008 , 10:13pm
post #5 of 5

I like the candle idea. Here in NY we have luminarias, it's a candle in a white paper bag with an inscription on it. I think it would look beautiful as a cake.

Also maye surround a cake with all the different cancer ribbons.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%