Has Anyone Tried The New Wilton Tools?

Decorating By AJsGirl Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 8:36pm by MessiET

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 18

Has anyone bought and tried the new Wilton tools? The ones in the yellow packaging? I'm interested because they look so nifty (especially the whisk and the cake lifter) but with Wilton, it's hit or miss. icon_rolleyes.gif

17 replies
BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 18

I saw them at micheals and was tempted to get the cake lifter,but didnt.
waiting to see if anybody else has used it and thought it was a good buy.
BREN

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 27 May 2008 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 18

Love the cake lifter - great for medium to small sizes but a little small for 10" and larger. I'm going for the new gumpate tools today with a 50% off coupon thumbs_up.gif .

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:15am
post #4 of 18

They are really nice. I love the lifter & the measuring spoons. The gum paste tools are really good too.

amwey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amwey Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:02am
post #5 of 18

I bought the cake lifter and i love it too. I also bought the gumpaste tools and they are awesome. I use them for everything. The flower press and the leaf press work really well too.

cakediva213 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakediva213 Posted 28 May 2008 , 3:02am
post #6 of 18

I've purchased the cake lifer and I do like it, but I wish it was a little larger for a bigger cake. I do have the measuring spoons (Wilton sent them to me since I'm an instructor) and I use them in class. The spoons themselves are very nice, but the "D" ring they are all attached to is just too big and ackward and seems to just get in my way. I haven't tried/purchased any of the other ones since I already have loads of kitchen tools and couldn't see spending the extra money for stuff I already have. I did purchase the new set of Gumpaste/Fondant tools from Wilton in the case. They are VERY nice, work very well (just like the PME set, but MUCH cheaper) and do have their own case.

cakediva213

jamhays Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamhays Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:36am
post #7 of 18

I have the cake lifter. I used it this weekend on a graduation cake & loved it. Much easier than trying to balance cake on 2 spatulas. I used my coupon.

nancylynwallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylynwallace Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:59am
post #8 of 18

I have the cake lifter and LOVE it! I also have the measuring spoons. I keep them on the D-chip until I need to use one and then just take it off and use it and then when I'm finished I just put it back on. It keeps them all together in my gadget drawer.

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:09pm
post #9 of 18

I have the cake lifter and absolutely love it. It also works as a mass cookie mover icon_smile.gif

I want to get the stand-mixer spatula. It looks like it will work very nicely with my KA. icon_smile.gif

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:11pm
post #10 of 18

I have the whisk, (not made well at all, broke when I was whipping my egg whites,) very upset, I wasn't even whipping hard. I have the long spatula that is one piece, I love that!!!! I also have the measuring cups and spoons, I agree the ring is a waste of being there. I have the new gumpaste tools kit, I haven't used it yet, however I hear that it is good. I want to get the cake lifter, it just looks so whimpy to me. Hth!!

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:19pm
post #11 of 18

I don't buy much Wilton any more because of being dissatisfied in all of the junk I've already wasted money on that is Wilton. I did give in and get the cake lifter. I finally (after a ton of money spent) have found something that Wilton makes that I actually like. I wish they had a larger one! Go figure they finally come out with something decent and limit themselves..lol

You won't be disappointed with the lifter. The measuring cups etc I've already got a ton of so I didn't waste money on them.

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:36pm
post #12 of 18

I love the handles on the new products. I have the measuring spoons and love them. My husband finds that they are easier for him to use because the handle is a bit larger than most measuring spoon sets.

I have the flower and leaf press but have not used them yet. This weekend I am hoping to play with them.

I am going to buy the gumpaste and fondant tool set this week (I hope), they are suppused to get them back in stock on Friday.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:31am
post #13 of 18

I'm curious....maybe if I'm in Michaels and don't need that 50% percent coupon for something else.

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:41pm
post #14 of 18

Just wanted to add, since this thread was going on, that I got the stand-mixer scraper last night, and used it the first time this morning.

IT. ROCKS. I love this thing! It's perfect for my KA. icon_smile.gif

Just thought I'd share. Back to baking...

miloholly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miloholly2 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:31pm
post #15 of 18

Hey - I read that someone bought the cyclone whisk from Wilton and it broke. What happend - how did it break? I was going to buy one but I want the full scoop before I spend my $10 on one........ Thanks!!

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:30pm
post #16 of 18

I bought the gumpaste tool kit. The quilting wheel doesn't turn. It's useless. I have ordered a new quilting tool from PME. Hopefully this one works better. I have the cake lifter and agree it is a very handy tool and also wish they made a larger size lifter. For large cakes, I've been using an edgless cookie sheet.

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:27pm
post #17 of 18

I bought the gumpaste set, and was very pleased with it. I did find the quilting wheel only turned (for me) when I actually rolled in on fondant.

So, yes, this is one of the few Wilton products I "love."

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 8:36pm
post #18 of 18

I have the cake lifter and it is fantastic. I also have the stand mixer spatula and it LOVE it!

Has anyone purchased the new tool box? I was wondering if it is worth the money...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%