Thoughts? Ideas?

Decorating By SarahJane Updated 27 May 2008 , 5:31pm by diane

SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:21am
post #1 of 5

My customer wants a candland ranch theme. Which means, she wants hand-modeled candy on and around the top tier and carosel horses around the bottom layer. Any ideas on how to do this? I don't want to try to make "realistic" horses, because horses are very hard, but I think I want to make a template and make them flat so they stick onto the sides of the bottom cake. My question: should I wrap them around the cake (so they are completely stuck flat against the cake) or should I make them and dry them so that they stand up "off" the cake (so straight not curved). I can't think of anyway that the carosel things is going to work with this cake. Thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.

4 replies
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:25am
post #2 of 5

Have you seen Merissa's carousel cake? It's awesome! She did chocolate transfers for the horses and it couldn't have turned out cuter!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=303323

SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:51am
post #3 of 5

I can't do chocolate here, it's too darn hot. The party is outside at a ranch, I'd be too afraid that it would melt. Do you think I could do something like this out of fondant?

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:59am
post #4 of 5

How about edible images,, or cokie cuters in shape of horses..

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%