First Wedding Cake

Decorating By Karema Updated 28 May 2008 , 1:31am by leah_s

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:44am
post #1 of 7

I'm doing a wedding cake for the first time next week. I'm doing a four tier cake and have to drive about 45 minutes to get to the reception hall. What is the best way to do this. I was going to assemblel have the cake and but in my dowels. then Do the other two top layers seperate. then when I get there put the top two on the bottom two. Should I enter another dowel down the four I dont think its long enough. Or should I just assemble the whole cake and transport it like that.

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 May 2008 , 3:34am
post #2 of 7

Well, you should start by using SPS as your support system. Then you can stack and travel.

I've posted this offer in a zillion threads. If you send me a PM with your email address, I'll send you pictures and instructions.

Does anyone know how to get this put in a sticky or as an acticle? I'm tried PMing Jackie (twice) but nothing happened.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 27 May 2008 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 7

i would love to see it as an article...it's frustrating when you have to re-post something...especially something as valuable as this. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif
so here's a bump! thumbs_up.gif

leah_s Posted 27 May 2008 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 7

So how does it get to be an article? Does a moderator or Jackie/Heath have to stumble upon this thread?

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 27 May 2008 , 9:03pm
post #5 of 7

Once I put the cake together should I cover the cake to transport it? What should i cover it with. I know a box isnt big enough. Im afraid if I cover it with saran wrap it may stick to it.

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 27 May 2008 , 9:14pm
post #6 of 7

I recently delivered a 3 tiered cake about 45 minutes away. I doweled the layers and put 1 dowel through the middle. I didn't cover it. Get a roll of that shelf liner stuff and use a piece of it under your cake board during transportation and it won't slide. I put it in the back of my sister's SUV and had no problems. I was a little nervous going over some railroad tracks though!

leah_s Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:31am
post #7 of 7

I have never boxed a tiered cake for delivery. And I use non-skid all the time. It is fabulous!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%