Another Cake Cutting & Serving Question...

Business By mommicakes Updated 27 May 2008 , 1:44pm by mommicakes

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 26 May 2008 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 11

I know that this has been posted about a million times already, but for the life of me I can't find it in the forums anywhere.

I would like to know what you all charge to cut and serve the cake at the reception for the bride. If anyone can repost the original post I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks so much you guys!
Donna

10 replies
mommicakes Posted 26 May 2008 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 11

some one has to know what i'm looking for???? PLEASE????

Ladybug6509 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladybug6509 Posted 27 May 2008 , 12:11am
post #3 of 11

I charge $35 to stay and cut the cake. I ask for a timeline of when the cake will be cut and make sure I'm there. If the time gets rediculously out of hand than I start charging $50 per hour. HTH

mommicakes Posted 27 May 2008 , 12:30am
post #4 of 11

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH PaulsAngel!!!

that is what I told the BTB and just wanted to make sure that I was pretty much on the same page as others out there.

Thanks,
Donna

Ladybug6509 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladybug6509 Posted 27 May 2008 , 12:38am
post #5 of 11

Your most welcome

hamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamie Posted 27 May 2008 , 3:32am
post #6 of 11

I charge $75 and I get a timeline. Ususally I set-up the cake and then leave for a bit, get a bite to eat go to the bookstore...

Then I show up, cut cake like mad, box and go home.

drowsyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowsyrn Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:33am
post #7 of 11

I haven't done that as of yet, but if I did It would have to be a very good amount since your whole day is almost taken up.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 May 2008 , 1:20pm
post #8 of 11

I won't do it for any amount of money. Although it will make Indydeb fall out, in my area, cutting the cake is always the caterer's responsibility. They expect to cut the cake. They also expect to bring plate and forks for the cake. I'm sure they charge for the extra stuff and the time, but that's the way it is always done here in the big city.

There's one, shall we say, "older lady" who does cakes who sits with her cake for the entire reception. She has actually been asked to leave by a few venues.

mommicakes Posted 27 May 2008 , 1:27pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks Leahs, around here a lot of people that I work with don't really have the "catered" wedding reception, and I have done it for nothing for mainly my family. But, just wanted to be ready with some sort of charge that I can put on the table, that way they don't try to take advantage.

That "older lady" must have a few insecurities about others touching her cakes. Gotta feel for her though.

Donna

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 May 2008 , 1:32pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommicakes

That "older lady" must have a few insecurities about others touching her cakes. Gotta feel for her though.

Donna

Yeah, and she hands out her business card to everyone who come over to look at the cake.

I guess maybe living in an urban area makes a difference. Of the 90 weddings I do a year, literally 1 or 2 do not have a caterer. In fact, it would be illegal to serve food not prepared by a licensed kitchen.

mommicakes Posted 27 May 2008 , 1:44pm
post #11 of 11

here, most of the weddings I have been to either as a guest or to supply the cake, it has been mainly families make the food for the celebrations.

I don't like to leave my business cards with cakes, but, I will give a couple to the MOB or the bride if anyone asks who done their cake. But, not in front of the guests or at the reception. (usually at the final meeting or just after the whole shebang is over).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%