Boxes

Business By froglover Updated 27 May 2008 , 4:15am by alicegop

froglover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
froglover Posted 26 May 2008 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 5

Where do you get your cake boxes from? What other items do you order wholesale and where do you get them? We are talking with a woman about using her place after hours and expect to need things we haven't thought about yet. Also what sizes of boxes do you find you use the most? What do you do with odd size cakes like the 3D cakes that don't fit in normal cake boxes? We went to walmart but a box to fit a larger cake can be $5 or more and then usually they are too tall. Thanks for any advise

4 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 26 May 2008 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 5

www.brpboxshop.com is a popular one for large qty's They sell in lots of 100 and have fre shipping.

www.papermart.com is another one that gets referrences a lot around here.

As for sizes... well that is different for everyone, you need to take a look at your orders and see what is the most common size. I have found that 12" boxes work well for me b/c I tend to do more 10" square or round down to 7" square and round and I can make a 12" board and box work for those. The more cakes I start to do the more inventory in boxes I will do.

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 27 May 2008 , 1:49am
post #3 of 5

Leily's advice is exactly what I was going to type. Yes...keep a running inventory of what you use most, and then pick one or two sizes that work for them.

I ended up geting the 12" square, and 19" x 14" for all sheet cakes.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:26am
post #4 of 5

The only sizes I keep in large quantites are 12x12x6 and 19x14x4. I go through these like CRAZY! I am very fortunate. DH works for a food distribution company, so I get my boxes from his work. I have to get them (19x14x4) 50 at a time for $25...best price I've found yet! You can check prices on intotheoven.com, too. I have seen them in large qtys on there too.

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 27 May 2008 , 4:15am
post #5 of 5

I get mine from www.brpboxshop.com and also from paper plus (if you ever need moving boxes, or any boxes, bubble wrap, etc... they are waaaaaaaay cheaper than Uhaul and especially the UPS store!!!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%