I Don't Even Have Time To Buy Ingredients!

Decorating By prettycakes Updated 27 May 2008 , 11:41pm by prettycakes

prettycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycakes Posted 26 May 2008 , 6:31am
post #1 of 5

I am not complaining...really! I have so many orders right know that I don't even have time to go to the store to buy ingredients. I am wondering if there is a good company that ships. I need lots of flour, sugar, 10x, butter, eggs, cocoa... the list goes on and on. I had a small break today and spent all of my time searching for something, but I had no luck at all. Any advice?

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 26 May 2008 , 6:34am
post #2 of 5

You might check with a restaurant supply store, but they generally will not deliver to residential addresses.

Food Services of America and Sysco are two in my area, I have no idea what might be available near you. Another local restaurant may tell tell you where they get their supplies.

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 26 May 2008 , 7:03am
post #3 of 5

What if you find a student, wanting to make say 25.00 or so (get them to put it away too you could pay them 50.00) to get your supplies. If I were close to you I'd offer to do your shopping for you...
That would save you a lot of time - just tell them or write down where all the products go and say purchase, bring them here, and put them away, here's 50.00 ... most Highschool seniors/ or even college kids are looking for Easy money right now -- another idea might be to look for a personal shopper...

Good luck I hope you find something or someone soon.

Here at Sam's club we can order online, pay, and then pick the product up ... They also send directly to your house

WWW.SamsClub.com (but you have to have a membership...
or you could get from
Amazon (they have some items but not all ... ) just type or click on grocery.

Good luck!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 May 2008 , 1:22pm
post #4 of 5

Ditto the Sam's club. It's VERY handy to just walk in and pay for the cartfull of stuff that is sitting there with your name on it.

prettycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycakes Posted 27 May 2008 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 5

I wish I had a Sam's. Then I wouldn't have to make so many trips to the store. Thanks. I think I will try to find Sysco. If I could just get fifty lb bags of flour, sugar, and 10x, and 20 lbs of butter, and 10 doz eggs once a month, sometimes twice, I think I could survive. Do you know if anyone packages Unbleached flour in more than a 5 lb size?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%