Some General Questions About Cake

Decorating By doublecz1103 Updated 26 May 2008 , 5:37am by Amia

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 26 May 2008 , 5:00am
post #1 of 2

i bought some of the sleeve filling... how long is it good for once its opened??? i refrigerated it too..

my next question.. can u freeze extra cake batter?? if so for how long??

i like using MMF ... is there a way to make it stiffer to do more sculpting work?? like to make it harden

if i wanted to add some shimmer to a cake.. do u just "paint" the sparkle dust on with a paint brush or is there a special method??

sorry my questions are so random.. just some stuff i've been wondering about lol

1 reply
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 26 May 2008 , 5:37am
post #2 of 2

I don't use sleeve filling so I'm no help on that one. I think you can freeze batter, but I never have so I can't really help you on that one either. Now on to the questions I CAN answer! thumbs_up.gif

To make your MMF stronger, add some tylose or gum-tex. I think the general ratio is 2-3 tsp of tylose/gum-tex to 1 lb of fondant. I've seen it as little as 1 tsp per 1 lb though, so you could probably experiment and see which works best for you.

For any of the dusts, you can add vodka and paint it on, or you can dry-brush it on. It usually takes several coats, depending on the look you're going for.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%