Looking For A Good Book!

Decorating By prettycakes Updated 25 May 2008 , 11:25pm by prettycakes

prettycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycakes Posted 25 May 2008 , 4:38pm
post #1 of 6

So, my goal is to make the perfect cake. I want flawless fondant and butter cream. Is that too much to ask? I have a pantry full of cake decorating books with instructions, but I haven't found any that explain the intricacies of applying perfect fondant. I find that every time I use fondant, no matter what I do, after I apply and get the perfect look, I leave the cake to set up for a while and when I come back to decorate I find air bubbles or wrinkles. Agggh!!!

Is there a book out there that explains the problems one might encounter while working with fondant and how to over come these issues?

Thanks so much!

5 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 25 May 2008 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 6

. . . how about a video . . . sugarshack has one for flawless fondant . . . http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-576973-sugarshack.html+flawless+fondant

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 25 May 2008 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 6

Toba's book is pretty detailed. Most book ive found though don't go into the real "specifics" for Fondant.

There are a few videos on Youtube that demonstrate practicing with Fondant. Maybe you can try that out.

-craig

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 25 May 2008 , 5:04pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflydreams

. . . how about a video . . . sugarshack has one for flawless fondant . . . http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-576973-sugarshack.html+flawless+fondant

I second that. icon_smile.gif

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 25 May 2008 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 6

I third that! I only have her buttercream video which is quite excellent, but I will be ordering the Flawless fondant video asap!!!

prettycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycakes Posted 25 May 2008 , 11:25pm
post #6 of 6

Okay, I am convinced. I need these videos. I ordered all three without any hesitation. I am ready for more, and seeing as there is no mentor or advances classes conveniently located around me, and the pictures on her web site are amazing, I am sure I will be happy with this decision. Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%