Bad Combo - Fast Driving & Wrong Support System

Decorating By ccr03 Updated 26 May 2008 , 4:08am by ccr03

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 25 May 2008 , 2:40am
post #1 of 5

So, I had this dream the other night that instead of doing my cakes, I went shopping and then when the customers called, I didn't have anything for them.

Well, today I had a SIMPLE cake for 30ppl. It was (4) 8" rounds stacked to form a 'medicine/pill' bottle. Well, STUPID, DUMB, STUPID me decided to use a Wilton plastic dowel for the center instead of my tried and proven practice of using a wooden dowel. so, one delivery ran late and made me late for this cake delivery. Simple put - I'm driving too fast and the cake falls and rolls all over the back of my Trailblazer. I open the door and am devastated!!! I am in panic as to how my customer is going to react. Luckily, after they look at it in the car, they start laughing. Other guests come and they immediately start laughing as well.
I ended up buying them cakes from the grocery store and offered a major discount on the next order. Oh, and of course didn't charge them for the wrecked cake.

So, it's so long - but I am now able to be calm about it since they were SOOOOOO nice about it!!!!

Oh, but about my dream - does that mean I am some sort of psyhic??? icon_lol.gif

4 replies
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 25 May 2008 , 2:49am
post #2 of 5

At least you have awesome customers. If nothing else, they have a wonderful story to tell. I'm sorry that it happened but glad you didn't have a cake-zilla customer!

ccr03 Posted 25 May 2008 , 3:04am
post #3 of 5

OMG!!! You're telling me!!!
I think considering the fact that I was literally shaking when I told them, they realized how sorry I was.

But yes, my sister totally called me out on how I need to take this as a wake-up call to me more diligent on time management and be a better driver.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 May 2008 , 4:50am
post #4 of 5

is it safe to laugh?? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
sorry...couldn't help myself. icon_redface.gif i'm glad to hear that it went well. icon_lol.gif

ccr03 Posted 26 May 2008 , 4:08am
post #5 of 5

trust me diane - I'm laughing now!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%