For Those In Myrtle Beach, Sc

Decorating By Newatdecorating Updated 30 May 2008 , 2:23am by lbass

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 25 May 2008 , 1:17am
post #1 of 7

Do you have any good cake decorating stores in your area? Going to be there in a few weeks and wondering what you have there.

Thanks!

6 replies
dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 28 May 2008 , 3:20am
post #2 of 7

You might try calling the Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce to find out.

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 28 May 2008 , 3:31am
post #3 of 7

I don't know of anything at Myrtle Beach but there might be some. I do know that Florence has a good one called Unique Cake and party Supplies. There are also two good ones in Columbia, SC. There is Cedar Terrace Party Shop and Chocolate Wonderland. All of these have good supplies.

audrey0522 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audrey0522 Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 7

The one in Florenc is just OK. Pretty basic, not much for fondant tools. no impression mats etc. They do carry cake pans. It does has more then WAl-mart and Hobby Lobby which are our only other choices in Florence. Are the ones in Columbia better then Florence?

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 28 May 2008 , 10:50pm
post #5 of 7

Sigh.... nothing great in Myrtle Beach. There is a Michael's and an AC Moore with just Wilton stuff - the Michaels currently has more of the newer line. There is one party store with good prices on limited sizes of cake cardboards and boxes. Other than that, it is just beer and tee shirts icon_lol.gif

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:10am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by audrey0522

The one in Florenc is just OK. Pretty basic, not much for fondant tools. no etc. They do carry cake pans. It does has more then WAl-mart and Hobby Lobby which are our only other choices in Florence. Are the ones in Columbia better then Florence?

The one thing I liked about Unique was that they carried Americolor and I couldn't find that anywhere else. They also had a large variety of LorAnn flavorings.

Cedar Terrace Party Shop has a pretty good selection. They do carry some PME cutters and they carry Satin Ice. They also have luster dust, a large variety of pans and cake stands. They also have the bagged fillings and they carry the Magic Line Creme Bouquet. This one is definitely better than Unique in my opinion.

Chocolate Wonderland carries a good bit of Ateco decorating tools, dragees, CK colors and they carry Pettinice fondant. They also have a "back room" for adult themed supplies. They also carry some gumpaste flower sprays but they are kinda pricey. They do have tons and tons of molds though.
Neither of these stores have impression mats. Hope this helps.

lbass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lbass Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:23am
post #7 of 7

I live in Clinton and I had no idea that Columbia has cake stores!!!!! I'm doing a happy dance. icon_lol.gif My husband is going to love this news. I already drive him crazy going to Greenville to get supplies at HobbyLobby. Columbia here I come! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%