Photos: Square Cakes Baked In Fat Daddio's & Magic Line

Decorating By Petit-four Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 10:42pm by ceshell

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 11:59am
post #91 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

Although you're going to request the thread be locked, I would hate to see the whole thing deleted as it has some valuable information even in the exchanges and opinions expressed (i.e. we can get the jist of some of your original post by reading the other comments). Since they can't restore the post (I too was hoping that they would do so but understand why lost data=lost data) can you at least ask them to edit the "disclaimer" (preface)? I agree, it's rather misleading, and it's not fair to anticipate that someone should get thru 6 pages of posts before they can see that your original test was not "incorrect" "fallible" and "flawed". Sorry, but those words just make me cringe on your behalf icon_smile.gif. More power to ya, Petit-four, and sorry this whole thing unraveled like this. Your OP was the kind I just LOVE to find here on CC, "real world" tests of things whether recipes, tools, or etc. thumbs_up.gif

I just hope this doesnt stop people from feeling they can post honest opinions on products and recipes, etc! You know what I mean?

SusieHazCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieHazCakes Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:00pm
post #92 of 97

A comment to sassycleo's statement:

Quote:
Quote:

If you have a Federal ID number meaning your a legal business you can open an account with CK Products. They have ML pans ridiculously cheap!

From the CK Products website:

ACCOUNT REQUIREMENTS
1. A Verifiable Business**
2. Business Listed Telephone Number**
3. Regular Business Hours
4. Tax number/Vendor license
5. Opening order $100/Non-USA $500

**A business listed telephone number is the easiest way for us to verify your business. If your phone number is not listed with directory assistance as a business phone number, you will need to submit more information (an ad from a newspaper or magazine, a brochure with your products and pricing, or photos of your displays or your business sign). To expedite your application, please choose the Download the Account Application option, complete it and mail it to us with any additional information.

Having a state and/or federal tax ID doesn't necessarily mean you're a legal business. It really just means you have state and/or federal tax IDs.

Good job, Petit-four, on your investigative reporting. I appreciate your enduring all of this for the benefit of your fellow CC consumers. thumbs_up.gif Thanks!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:22pm
post #93 of 97

They are reasonably flexible. I don't have items 2 or 3 but I have plenty of info to demonstrate that I'm a real business!

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:23pm
post #94 of 97

Thank you SusieHazCakes for the information on Ck -- that's very helpful. thumbs_up.gif

Hmmm--- this thread has not been locked yet. Anyway, we should probably wind it down, because I came into my kitchen to find this. I think my pans are very stressed. We need to stop talking about them. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

(And don't let it be said P-f doesn't have a sense of humor...however warped. And of course, no disrespect is meant to any support group, pan or otherwise. thumbs_up.gif )
LL

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:19pm
post #95 of 97

I have an account with CK Products and had no problems getting it. If you are legit biz, you can get an account. (I just used my Tax ID, and bank reference)

Petit: LOVE the photo!! I printed it out and hung it in front of my pans so they won't feel sad and know all pans are united!

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 4:27pm
post #96 of 97
Quote:
Quote:

From the CK Products website:

ACCOUNT REQUIREMENTS
1. A Verifiable Business**
2. Business Listed Telephone Number**
3. Regular Business Hours
4. Tax number/Vendor license
5. Opening order $100/Non-USA $500

**A business listed telephone number is the easiest way for us to verify your business. If your phone number is not listed with directory assistance as a business phone number, you will need to submit more information (an ad from a newspaper or magazine, a brochure with your products and pricing, or photos of your displays or your business sign). To expedite your application, please choose the Download the Account Application option, complete it and mail it to us with any additional information.

Having a state and/or federal tax ID doesn't necessarily mean you're a legal business. It really just means you have state and/or federal tax IDs.

It means in the eyes of the IRS you are legal. All I had to do was fill out the app and put my ID numbers on it, send it in. They process the first order. Then by the time you place your second order you need to send them a copy of your business license hense being legal and a copy of your tax exempt cert.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 10:42pm
post #97 of 97

You are too darned funny P-f!!!! Totally laughing my butt off over here. Sorry, didn't mean to bump the thread, but seriously, that was cute. Poor lil guys, they will feel better once you bake something in em.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%