Any Ideas For Graduation Cake?

Decorating By mommak Updated 24 May 2008 , 2:51pm by mary-ann

mommak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommak Posted 23 May 2008 , 11:54pm
post #1 of 5

Here is what she was wanting:
1/2 sheet cake with edible image AND something to do with her going to Indiana Wes. University, her major being pediatric nursing. Active in church nursery, track/cross country and last but not least she's an awesome student.

Any ideas would so much be appreciated. There def will not be very much room after putting her edible image on. She would still like some of the above on the cake also. HELP!!

Thanks for any ideas!!!

4 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 24 May 2008 , 7:48am
post #2 of 5

i'm in the same dilemma. my son wants several themes for his graduation cake. i'm still deciding which tiers will be what colors. icon_confused.gif

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 24 May 2008 , 8:09am
post #3 of 5

thats a tough one -- however,

is the cake going to be torted single layer, double layer?

if it is a double layer torted cake then you could do images around the sides

you could do the school colors for borders

on one side you could have a person (female) sitting with a nurse outfit/scrubs on talking to a group of kids (for the nurse field and church kid work)

and maybe on the other side have something to do with her great achievments in school or a report card or something

if you wanted you could do the college logo on the to small ends.

good luck!

mommak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommak Posted 24 May 2008 , 10:06am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the great ideas nikki. Its going to just be a single layer. Hmm maybe I can talk her into going double lol.

mary-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mary-ann Posted 24 May 2008 , 2:51pm
post #5 of 5

How about the newspaper front page. It's the easist way to combine themes and you can size the pictures to the size of the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%