Clay Gun Needed

Decorating By fabiolacamacho Updated 28 May 2008 , 1:49am by dezzib27

fabiolacamacho Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabiolacamacho Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all.....I have read in lots of frums that one great tool to use with either fondant or gumpaste is a "Clay Gun". I went to Michaels in search of one, they had a couple and I ended up purchasing their $10 one. It came with different size adapters, although when I went to use it I have a really hard time squezzing the Gumpaste out....I softend the gumpaste more and it got better. Although I came across the problem that it does not hold much gumpaste so my strings are so short...Can anyone suggest a good clay gun that I can purchase.....


2 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 24 May 2008 , 4:19am
post #2 of 3

I use the Makin's Clay extruder that is a long, light green METAL tube with a "T" handle that you turn to extrude the fondant. I think before the coupon at Michael's it was $19.99--best investment I ever made.

The one you purchased isn't worth the cardboard it came on--sorry.

dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:49am
post #3 of 3

thumbsdown.gif My sentiments exactly! I bought one and it works for VERY small jobs only. I have 2 40% coupons that I am itching to spend at Joann's! Guess what Im buying!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%