Pearls Too Small... Now What!!!

Decorating By mcdonald Updated 23 May 2008 , 9:00pm by mcdonald

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 5

I have a wedding cake due tomorrow and it has the pearls and diamond pattern on one layer. Went to get pearls today (I know, what was I thinking waiting so long to get them) and they only have the smaller pearl. GREAT!!! I need the larger size. Not enough time to make my own and no other place in town. I have no other choice at this point than to use what I got!!! Any suggestions to make them look "bigger"??? I thought about putting a dab of buttercream where the diamonds cross to add a little "pillow" to the pearl..

4 replies
kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:28pm
post #2 of 5

If you have a pretty steady piping hand, maybe you could put a dot of either BC or royal icing where you would have put the pearls with a round decorating tip (like a number 10 or 12). Good luck!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 23 May 2008 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 5

You still have time (drying wise anyway, don't know about life wise) to do the hand rolled pearls. Put them in front of a fan or in the food dehydrator to help them along. Maybe they can even go on in the morning.

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 23 May 2008 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 5

i would dot royal icing...to the size of the pearl you need and then once they dry....which is fairly fast i would hand paint pearl dust luster or even white shimmer on them!!!! if you don't do that then definately put the dot of bc or ri and then the pearl on top!!!!! good luck!!!!!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 23 May 2008 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 5

thanks ya'll!! Looks like I'll have a late night ..... I appreciate all the advise!!! I guess I will figure out which one to try once I get started!!!

Put on the coffee!! It's going to be a late one!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%