Please Help Me!

Decorating By shell62995 Updated 24 May 2008 , 1:31am by butterflywings

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 23 May 2008 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 6

How to I make my whipped cream not weepy? If thats the word for it! maybe watery is better.
I have a strawberry shortcake I like to make the day before but I dont want the layers to be all soggy the next day.
Any suggestions?
When I make whipped cream it's w/ heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Am I missing something?
Thanks thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 23 May 2008 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 6

My sister is a food stylist for magazines. In order to have a stiffer "whipped cream" in the photos, she uses Nutriwhip. (I know it's not the "real thing", but it might solve your problem?)

Otherwise, I'd just make it the day of, or perhaps you could add a touch of unflavoured gelatin powder? You might also try omitting the sugar and using icing sugar instead, as that might help.

How about spreading the cake layers with a very thin strawberry jam before assembly? That might reduce the amount of sogginess by creating a barrier where the ingredients touch.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 23 May 2008 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 6

You can add clear piping gel to it, it will help make it a bit more stable.

feliciangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 23 May 2008 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 6

I've used this before

1 c heavy whipping cream
1/4 -1/2 cup powdered sugar (recipe called for 1/4 but i added more cuz i wanted it thicker)
1/4 cup coffee creamer (powdered) any flavor

sift powdered sugar and coffee creamer togther

start whipping cream, in middle of whipping stage add ps/creamer mixture

the coffee creamer act as a stabilizer.

read it hear on cc, then found the recipe on food network site awhile back.

or there is a recipe on here that uses flavorless gelatin

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 24 May 2008 , 1:13am
post #5 of 6

I used this one http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1925-17-Stabilized-Whipped-Cream.html

and it worked great. Lasted the three days (before cake was all gone) on a fresh strawberry/ sponge cake.

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 24 May 2008 , 1:31am
post #6 of 6

last time i made whipped cream and needed it to last, i used a pint of the heavy whipping cream you find in the dairy section and added a tbsp of piping gel to it. worked wonders. came out similar to coolwhip

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%