Need Filling Recipe (Quick And Easy)

Decorating By elfgirl1968 Updated 23 May 2008 , 2:44pm by mindywith3boys

elfgirl1968 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elfgirl1968 Posted 23 May 2008 , 9:12am
post #1 of 5

I need a good, strong filling for a lemon cake. I have Jello pudding (lemon and vanilla) in my pantry. I also need it to be not too involved. It is a birthday cake and the children won't be critiquing it at all. LOL!

4 replies
yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 23 May 2008 , 10:13am
post #2 of 5

You could go with just the pudding, but I would use a simple bc for the filling, maybe use some lemon or raspberry exract in it for a little something extra. You could also mix it with som cool whip to lighten it up a bit, but then you would have to make sure you refrigerate it. icon_smile.gif

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 5

a good firm filling that I LOVE using in lemon cake, is Sarah Bernhardt Chocolate Glaze. Its here in the recipes. All you do is melt the chocolate chips with butter and corn syrup, and let it set up. This sometimes takes quite a while, so I'll throw it in the fridge for a little bit to help speed it up. If you put it in the fridge too long, just throw it in the microwave again for about 10 seconds.. It is sooooo easy and very nummy!!!

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 5

Pudding is easy but I make it with less milk than the recipe calls for. Otherwise I find it's too soft to hold up in a cake.

Also, use whole milk. I made it with skim once and it never set up properly. icon_surprised.gif

But with kids, you can never go wrong with icing as the filling!

Good luck!

mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:44pm
post #5 of 5

Here is a good recipe for lemon curd http://www.taunton.com/finecooking/recipes/lemon_curd.aspx but my quick and easy fav for lemon cake is just mixing up some Rich's bettercream and about a half a jar of Polaner's all fruit raspberry preserves (but you can use store brand too)

~Mindy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%