Calling All Lefties!

Decorating By Scox Updated 28 May 2008 , 7:32pm by playingwithsugar

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 28 May 2008 , 3:41am
post #31 of 36

I'm one of those lefties who learned to do alot of things right handed because of a right handed instructor like iron, cut, knit, crochet, and decorate cakes.

I taught school for many years so there are probably some right handed people out there who just might tie their shoes the left-handed way. Also, left-handed people who don't backhand when writing because they had a teacher who made sure they turned their paper the opposite way. Some parents got a chuckle out of my checkmarks going the opposite way and then their kids making their check marks backwards because that is the way teacher did it.

Scox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scox Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:02am
post #32 of 36

I didn't have too much trouble in Culinary School because there were a lot of left handed people there. It was actually kinda fun. We took a trip to a chocolate shop and he asked me if I wanted to mark some chocolates and when I went on the same side as the guy who was doing it, he said you don't have to go that way. He does it that way because he's left handed. I told the owner, so am I and he was shocked. Then I told him well, she is too and so is he and this other person....lol

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:31am
post #33 of 36

Aw, gee, folks, just because you live in a right-handed world doesn't mean that everyone has disregarded you.

I'm right-handed, but let me tell you what I have observed about lefties, and why I have always wanted to be one -

They are definitely the most artistic of all people, and that includes all the arts, not just fine arts. There are so many more people in the arts and entertainment industry who are left-handed than you would imagine.

Lefties are smarter. I don't know why, but all the left-handed people I know are very smart individuals. Perhaps because they must concentrate on what they're doing more, in the right-handed world.

Lefties make better lovers. Nuff said.

So, lighten up, huh? You'll figure it out. You're all artistic and smart enough.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

nancylynwallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylynwallace Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:47am
post #34 of 36

I am so glad to see that us lefties are represented here!! I just do everything the opposite way that righties do. My Wilton instructor lost patience with myself and my classmate who are both left-handed (we were the only two in the class). She finally said "You just aren't going to be able to make this flower, because you are left-handed". I felt so ripped off, because she didn't take the time to teach us everything that we paid for! icon_cry.gif I just try to remember that we are the only ones in our "right" minds! icon_lol.gif Gingersoave, I wish that you had been my Instructor...it would have been worth the ride to Virginia Beach!

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:03pm
post #35 of 36

LEFTIES RULE!

Seriously, we do! I do 90% of everything with my left hand, every little do I do with my right. So far, nothing in cake decorating has caused me concern, except that stupid wilton rose, but I think I just need to keep practicing that. I sew, too, and I just bought some of those fiskars scissors that are ambidextrous and spring loaded ( LOVE THOSE DARN THINGS! )

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:32pm
post #36 of 36

I can remember a store, featured on local TV, several years ago, which catered to left-handed people. The store was located in Philadelphia.

They are since gone, but there are a few online stores of interest

www.thelefthand.com

www.sinistershop.com - also has a list of famous lefties.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%