Choc. Cake With Banana Split Filling?????

Decorating By dandy207 Updated 23 May 2008 , 9:29pm by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

dandy207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandy207 Posted 22 May 2008 , 9:27pm
post #1 of 14

How do I make a banana split filling? I told my client Id look into it. They want banana and strawberry in the filling. I dont want to just mash it all together or it would look pretty gross. Should I layer fillings?? Maybe banana buttercream and strawberry on top?? What do you think?

13 replies
kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 14

It may still end up getting "mashed" together. What if you did a ring of banana, a ring of strawberry, ring of banana, ring of strawberry. I can't figure out how to explain it, but start with some strawberry in the center then a ring of banana, then strawberry, then banana again (going out towards the edge of the layer.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarplumStudio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarplumStudio Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 14

I made one not too long ago for a family function.
I torted into 3 cake layers, spread a thin layer of hot fudge ice cream topping on the bottom layer. Made vanilla pastry cream, added a little bit of banana flavoring to that. Spread a layer of that over the chocolate, then placed sliced fresh banana and strawberries on top. Repeat. Iced with stabalized whipped cream.

it stayed together nicely and the flavor was awesome.

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:44pm
post #5 of 14

those are some good ideas. I've never heard of banana split filling. Thanks.

cakenewbiekgm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenewbiekgm Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:09am
post #6 of 14

Wow this sounds so YUMMY!!! You could do a layer of sliced bananas and then make a strawberry filling using a little bit of strawberry jelly and icing.

vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:38am
post #7 of 14

I would go with the sleeved pastry fillings, both banana and strawberry are available. Depending on how many layers you have, you can put them in different layers. This way, the cake will not have to be refrigerated and no worry of bananas turning brown.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:08am
post #8 of 14

Diane, thanks for those links. A couple of them sound REALLY good!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:53am
post #9 of 14

you're welcome.
i'm thinking of trying one of those recipes myself. icon_biggrin.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 23 May 2008 , 10:05am
post #10 of 14

Between the bananas foster cupcakes recipe I want to try and this....I'm just gonna go bananas next week! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:14pm
post #11 of 14

Grace-
Where did you find a Bananas Foster cupcake recipe... and would you mind sharing? I love Bananas Foster anything! TIA!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:29pm
post #12 of 14

I'm having trouble finding the recipe - my m-i-l and s-i-l babysat twice in the past few weeks for my kids and when they do, they inevitably "clean" my house and it takes me time to find everything. They don't like when papers are out and unless I leave certain things out in view I forget about them!

I know I found the recipe on-line and have been wanting to try it, but I can't seem to find one that looks familiar now, however here are two that sound good. http://www.recipezaar.com/245883 and http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat/1762/0.shtml.

HTH

If you try them, let me know how they come out.

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 23 May 2008 , 9:12pm
post #13 of 14

Thank you Grace! I will, and if you try any of them let me know as well! Thanks again!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 23 May 2008 , 9:29pm
post #14 of 14

Will do. No problem. Hope they're good.

Actually, it's going to be a while before I make them as I have my TD cake that must be eaten before I do anymore baking! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%