Cake Board Or Drum? Help....

Decorating By andromedaslove Updated 22 May 2008 , 4:35pm by mindywith3boys

andromedaslove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andromedaslove Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 2

You guys have all been amazing at answering all of the questions I have had sine joining. So let me start by saying THANK YOU!

Here's my latest question though. I am making a couple of debbie brown's naughty cakes (although they are clothed!) and saw that she has these cake baord which are really thick. Not like the cardboard ones you find at Michael's or Wal-Mart. They are thick enough to wrap a ribbon around. I have seen some pictures here in the gallery that have them also. I just can't seem to find them. I keep finding the regular card board cake boards, but I can't find the thicker nicer looking ones. These cakes are a surprise for a couple of friends that are celebrating their birthdays together next month, and I wanna make sure these cakes come out as close to perfect as possible. I would appreciated any suggestions as to where I can find these boards.

Thanks again,
Dana

1 reply
mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 2

It's probably 1/2 inch foam board. You can get it at any craft store. I get it at Hobby lobby in the art section. You just cut it with an exacto knife to the size that you need. I cover it with contact paper and put a ribbon around the side.

HTH! ~Mindy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%