Wilton Class Instructors

Decorating By jordanharriet Updated 23 May 2008 , 4:19am by Carolynlovescake

jordanharriet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jordanharriet Posted 22 May 2008 , 1:06pm
post #1 of 9

I was wondering if anyone out there knows how much Wilton Class Instructors get paid?

Thanks

8 replies
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 22 May 2008 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 9

Hmmmm ------- no answers ----- they must work for free. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

No really can someone post an answer here?

mayamia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayamia Posted 22 May 2008 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 9

My instructor here at hobby lobby once mention that they get 75.00 per class, discounts on their wilton products, some freebies ,& and based on the number of subscriptions they get trips and stuff like, I guess the more the particular store sells of Wilton products (you Know how they recommend everything, and if you are there for the first time you go crazy trying to buy everything you see icon_razz.gif ) I guess that is how they get some sort of bonuses

ericaann79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaann79 Posted 22 May 2008 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 9

Here in CA my old instructor said that she got $25 per student. That was it! But I think they get a huge break on supplies...but she wouldn't do a class unless she had at least 4 people. $100 for 4 2 hour classes...it is only $12.50 an hour...I don't remember if she got and hourly as well....

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 May 2008 , 10:08pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

No really can someone post an answer here?

Actually I did answer this last night, but for some reason she reposted the question.

I teach at Michaels but everyone bascily gets paid the about same (unless we are talking about Continuing Ed Classes). It is $134 per course (4 classess) for up to 6 students. At 7 students the amount does go up.

I haven't ever heard of anyone getting $75 a class or $25 a person for the Wilton classes at Craft stores.

I haven't taught at Hobby Lobby, but we don't get anything for the product you buy at the store. I don't get money for it, or prizes either.

We do get a 40% off discount when we order directly from Wilton. I get a 25% off discount at Michaels cause I'm a store employee. We also get to earn Gift Certificates to use towards Wilton Products. We do get some freebys now and then, but we also pay out of our pocket to go to Training meetings. And even though we get discounts, the majority of the stuff you see us with in class we had to buy. So even with a discount we still spend money quite a bit of money on Wilton things as well.

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 22 May 2008 , 10:09pm
post #6 of 9

im an instructor at Michaels and you get paid according to how many students you have, for example 1-6 students, you make 134.00 for the entire 4 week course or 33.50 per 2 hr class..If you have more students the more you will be paid. However if you are an Instructor at an Independent store they pay you differently, my friend is at an independent store and she gets paid 164.oo per 4wk course and she can only teach 8 students. They also offer specialty classes that you can teach and each is paid out differently and you do get a discount out of the wilton yearbook and when new products come out, you may either recieve it free or at a discount..They also offer incentives throughout the year where you will recieve free products or gift certificates...HTH

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:33am
post #7 of 9

Thank you for getting back so quickly TexasSugar, unfortunately I didn't see last nights thread, but was wondering the answer myself as I was consider teaching myself, but not if it wasn't free. icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:26am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

Thank you for getting back so quickly TexasSugar, unfortunately I didn't see last nights thread, but was wondering the answer myself as I was consider teaching myself, but not if it wasn't free. icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

It's decent money for a part time job, but its more of that spending money kind of job than a pay the bills every month job. How much you get paid varies on how many courses you have each month, which can change month to month.

If you have any questions please feel free to message me. icon_smile.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:19am
post #9 of 9

I work for peanuts!

honestly, I do ok with the pay because I do 5 to 6 courses a month plus a project class once a week.

On a month with great enrollment the pay is awesome for me, but on months where all classes are down it's mac & cheese for all dinners if I don't budget right. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%