Ideas For County Fair Cake

Decorating By Tog Updated 30 May 2008 , 12:54pm by tjsmommy

Tog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tog Posted 22 May 2008 , 1:38am
post #1 of 6

I'm entering a cake in my county fair this year and I dont know what I should do for it. It can be any theme, shape, size, whatever but the theme of the fair is "rock around the clock". I think it would be cool to include the theme but its not very often you have such a range of choices for one cake. ANY IDEAS?

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 May 2008 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 6

what about a big life sized guitar cake with a clock face on the body of the guitar??? Like an electric guitar. Does that make sense???

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 6

I looked in your photos and saw that you have GP and fondant experience. Adorable baby cake btw.

Why not mold a dancing couple, poodle skirt, white shirt, ponytail, and a boy in a checkered shirt and pants, dancing away around a clock? You could make it a two or three tier cake. Make the couple your topper along with a large clock in the background. You could decorate the bottom tiers with music notes, and even the words to the song. That would be super cute! Kind of like an 50's theme cake.

Just an idea. I wanna see pictures when you are done, whatever you decide!

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 6

I think that you could definitely do something interesting with that theme...

but is there anything that has really grabbed you lately?

when I saw the poster for my fair last year I just loved the colors and wanted to do that cake. but sometimes I look at a photo and just can't wait for an opportunity to do something like that.

look through some photos and do what grabs you, I think you will find your creative juices flow...

Lacicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lacicakes Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:35am
post #5 of 6

how about a cake shaped like a record player and looks like it's playing an old record. model a couple dancing on top of the record. I googled record player cake and found alot of ideas. Paint the record label so it looks like it's playing Rock around the clock.

tjsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tjsmommy Posted 30 May 2008 , 12:54pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tog

I'm entering a cake in my county fair this year and I dont know what I should do for it. It can be any theme, shape, size, whatever but the theme of the fair is "rock around the clock". I think it would be cool to include the theme but its not very often you have such a range of choices for one cake. ANY IDEAS?

Oops, edited because I didn't read the theme!!Sorry, I didn't have my coffee yet icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%