Meeting In Louisville? Anybody Interested?

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 11 Oct 2008 , 12:02am by JanetBme

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 7:46pm
post #241 of 252

I am sorry to hear that this was canceled. It was the highlight of my life right now!!! I was so looking forward to this trip back to almost home. But there is a glimmer of hope for Oct. I will be there too. Now if I can just find a way to tell my sister that she can not come here to see me because I have some where important to go. I guess I could tell her I have a business trip I have to take.. HMMM looking for more excuses to tell her????

hallow3 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 7:47pm
post #242 of 252

I am sorry to hear that this was canceled. It was the highlight of my life right now!!! I was so looking forward to this trip back to almost home. But there is a glimmer of hope for Oct. I will be there too. Now if I can just find a way to tell my sister that she can not come here to see me because I have some where important to go. I guess I could tell her I have a business trip I have to take.. HMMM looking for more excuses to tell her???? icon_cry.gificon_twisted.gif

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 10:35pm
post #243 of 252

Everyone, please note that I, too, turned down cake orders and a wedding... this change of date was done because it was not coming together the way you all wanted it. We cannot get a date where everyone is happy. There are other factions, such as availability of a place which will accommodate our particular needs, etc.

Yes, there was a huge list, but I have had many of you p.m. me and say you were not attending. So, an "executive decision" had to be made ...
Being in charge stinks, but that is the nature of the beast.

You can shoot the messenger if you choose, but a decision had to be made. To be perfectly frank with you all, I have canceled another week-end where I would make money to get it for the 25th of October.

If someone would like to take this over, please feel free to do so. I would rather be your friend than make any of you upset at all. We will get together, but it will be six weeks later. If you want to make it on a Monday, we could do that, also, but as it stands, October 25 is the next available date.

hallow3 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 2:15pm
post #244 of 252

Lutie, I just appreciate all the effort you have put in place here. I know I could not pull this off myself. Sometime the show must go on even if there is someone who can't come. You can not accomodate everyone, especially a crowd. I hope to make it to the OCT date and I am holding out for hope that we can get together and talk cake then. Just keep us posted and If you need help with anything let me know. I will do what I can.

hallow3 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 2:16pm
post #245 of 252

Lutie, I just appreciate all the effort you have put in place here. I know I could not pull this off myself. Sometime the show must go on even if there is someone who can't come. You can not accomodate everyone, especially a crowd. I hope to make it to the OCT date and I am holding out for hope that we can get together and talk cake then. Just keep us posted and If you need help with anything let me know. I will do what I can.

sweetums1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetums1957 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 3:36pm
post #246 of 252

Hello all i would love to be able to come to this meeting. I am new to selling my cakes instead of just doing them for family and friends. So if its ok for a newbe to attend, I would love to talk to other people with the same intrest. Also i am coming in from western Ky, ( Kentucky Lake Area) So if anyone would like to car pool from this area, just let me know i would love the company.

Thank You
Patti

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 12:19am
post #247 of 252

Well, then let us state that October 25 is the new meeting date. I gave a wedding to someone else (300 people... the catering, rehearsal dinner, and cakes), so I do know how important this is to all of us. We all need to have a group where we can come and be understood... one where each of us unselfishly gives our gifts of decorating, crazy imaginations, know-how, and young (in heart, in age, and in experience) excitement.

With this, when we each seriously sign up, put down two or three things you would like to share or would like to know.

So, I will guarantee a room for that date, but you all must be definite in your attendance (it goes without saying that many of us have family emergencies which do arrive, and we understand that happens every day)... I just need to know how many will actually arrive.

It also helps to have exact numbers for those who will be bringing items to sell. Would it not be neat to have the first choice of the newest items on the market? I am really looking forward to the people coming from the Evansville area who have the shop.

Thanks for being so understanding, and those who had to cancel may now get to come!

Hope this week goes well with all of you!

lutie

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 2:41pm
post #248 of 252

I didn't get any notification that there were updates to the thread, so I didn't realize it either, but I just searched and found it. I'm disappointed that we won't be meeting next weekend, but things happen. I'm really looking forward to us all getting together in October. And that meeting will be 2 days before my birthday, so maybe some nice cake maker will bring me a cupcake! Haha

Lutie, thanks for all the work you've put into this. If there's anything I could help you with, let me know. When you know when our final headcount will be needed, if you want to PM me your list of people who have said they are interested, I could PM them all for you and ask for confirmation if you want. Anything like that, just let me know.

turtlemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtlemom Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:51pm
post #249 of 252

I am unable to attend this meeting now, please remove me from the original list. Thanks

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:44am
post #250 of 252

Are we still on for October 25th?

alidpayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alidpayne Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 11:45pm
post #251 of 252

Blah! It figures I would see this now. lol I just promised to drive my MIL to a wedding in Bowling Green on the 25th! If we do this again I would definately want to come though!

JanetBme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanetBme Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 12:02am
post #252 of 252

Is anyone from the area invited? I have a wedding on the 25th at 1- but If i'm invited, I'd love to meet more cake decorators in the area.

Janet

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%