Meeting In Louisville? Anybody Interested?

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 11 Oct 2008 , 12:02am by JanetBme

Bohnlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bohnlo Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:27am
post #91 of 252

Count me in then!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:09am
post #92 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnagardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutie

LIST TO ATTEND FIRST CAKE CENTRAL FORUM MEETING IN LOUISVILLE, KY
(First Saturday in September, 2008 after Labor Day)

Lutie (Mary Levee, Elizabethtown, KY)

Count me in...I'm coming with Christi icon_smile.gif
Donna Gardner
Owensboro Kentucky

Assuming this is Sept 6th, my calendar is open for that date. If interested, I can do a demo on weaving real ribbon into a BC basketweave.

I'm open for carpooling with anyone from Indy or anyone going thru Indy.

will someone bring cake balls so I can try them? (because by reading the recipe, they sound really blecky!! so I'd love to try some since everyone raves over them!)

Debi Brim
Cater It Simple / Indpls

razzledazzle06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
razzledazzle06 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:16am
post #93 of 252

I want to come!! Does it matter that I am a total newbie and know nothing? I just started practicing 2 months ago. I live in Richmond, KY.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:19am
post #94 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Assuming this is Sept 6th, my calendar is open for that date. If interested, I can do a demo on weaving real ribbon into a BC basketweave.

I'de love to see you demo weaving ribbon.... icon_biggrin.gif
heck... I would just love to see you........ icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

punkiin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkiin Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:32am
post #95 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzledazzle06

I want to come!! Does it matter that I am a total newbie and know nothing? I just started practicing 2 months ago. I live in Richmond, KY.

Hey Razzledazzle! I'm from Lancaster and I will be going too. Can't wait to meet everyone!

punkiin Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:43am
post #96 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatocakes

Ooh, Ooh, I wanna come, too!!!! icon_biggrin.gif Nobody I know understands my obsession, so I need to be around some like-minded folks every now and then! icon_razz.gif

My schedule's not too terribly hectic, so just name a date and I can probably make it!!! I'm so excited!

Edited to add: I just can't make it this weekend, or next (the 14th). And I have a wedding cake (my 2nd!!!) on July 5th. Otherwise, I'm pretty open.

Potatocakes...I'm from Lancaster. Do you have your own business?? I'm in Lexington all the time buying cake stuff. Maybe we could get a group to meet in Lexington as well.

ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:45am
post #97 of 252

I'm in, too. It's on my calendar already.

Yeah!

-allison/ac2steachk

PS--Susan is great--she often joins us when we have classes in her room. She loves to show us new items from the store and will take suggestions for things to carry.

punkiin Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:50am
post #98 of 252

By the way, Count me in! Anyone interested in carpooling??? I'm in Lancaster.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:51am
post #99 of 252

I'll try clearing it so I can go. That will be the first week the kids are back in school here in MI.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:55am
post #100 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

I'll try clearing it so I can go. That will be the first week the kids are back in school here in MI.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:55am
post #101 of 252

CakesByLJ
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:19 pm Post subject: Re: Louisville Meeting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

indydebi wrote:

I'de love to see you demo weaving ribbon....
heck... I would just love to see you........

Heck I wanna see all of you all icon_smile.gif

I wanna see the ribbon and the rose on a stick.... I don't know what I can bring to the group to demo cause I'm not REAL good at anything... but what about someone doing a demo on a GP Bow for those of us that aren't real good at it...?

Oh and if I hug all of you all.. please don't think I'm weird LOL

Promise I won't wear my footed pj's icon_wink.gif

aliciababcock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciababcock Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:05am
post #102 of 252

That sounds like so much fun, but that is the Sat before my brother's wedding and I am doing the wedding cake and the groom's cake, so I wouldn't be able to make it. If anyone is interested in meeting sometime in the Arkansas area, pm me. And yall have lots of fun.

tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:20am
post #103 of 252

[quote="indydebi"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnagardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutie

Lutie (Mary Levee, Elizabethtown, KY)

Count me in...I'm coming with Christi icon_smile.gif
Donna Gardner
Owensboro Kentucky

Amanda Tipton, Frankfort, KY

Lutie, are you keeping a running tally? Not sure if the cut and paste thing is working. icon_confused.gif

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:53am
post #104 of 252

I can't believe this has 7 pages and I didn't see it until JUST NOW! I would love to be included! I'm a little over an hour from Louisville. Count me in!

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:17am
post #105 of 252

Well, I am really trying to keep this current... Here is the list so far... please tell me if I missed someone... Some of you said "Yes" before I had a date of Saturday, September 6, 2008, but I assumed you would still be interested. Please tell me if I am in error with any of the names:

wgoat5 (Christi Goatly)
KieslerKakes
CakesByLJ (Laura Grater)
Lady_Phoenix
tippyad (Amanda Tipton)
potatocakes
cjstor
Donnagardner (Donna Gardner)
debrab (Debra Boggs)
hallow3
bohnlo
indydebi (Debi Brim)
razzledazzle06
punkiin
allison/ac2steachk
mkolmar
2sdae
Laura102777
lutie (Mary Levee)

This is a total of 18 so far... we are from Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee, and Kentucky. Did I miss any state? It is not that far from Illinois, Missouri, West Virginia... so some of you from those states, please come. Louisville has nice hotels and many are located in the east end, which is pretty close to Campbell's Gourmet Cottage.

As far as demonstrations go, we have roses on a stick, weaving ribbon in a basket weave butter cream icing, and a Royal Icing Demo.

Each one of us can bring or do something. Those who are new could make some of the recipes on the web site for others to taste... example: Michele Foster's Fondant with different flavorings or different flavors of cake balls.
Let us make sure we sign up for something so we do not overlap.

Who has a really great camera and can take great pictures? That would be a great thing to have pictures made so we could post them for everyone.

I will be happy to coordinate everything, as my children are grown and I do not have that responsibility anymore icon_cry.gif

We will not have to worry about how much it will cost until we get our final count. There should be a cut-off date for signing up (say June 30 or July 31). If it gets too large, then we will have to find another meeting place, so do not let that become a distraction for anyone. We want as many that can come to attend.

For those who will be doing demonstrations, it would be really helpful to all if you could bring written instructions on how you are doing your particular talent... if the copy cost is too much, we can all purchase a copy from you for whatever it cost you to copy each sheet. That seems fair, do you not agree?

Let us all put on our creative capes and come with great ideas to share. I am looking forward to this meeting of the "Cake Society of Creative Characters". I hope you all like to laugh because that is what I do the best!

lutie Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:20am
post #106 of 252

I forgot to count myself, so there are 19 so far.

debrab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debrab Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:26am
post #107 of 252

I would love to do a demo or something, but I really don't have a technique that stands out. I would be happy to bring whatever. If the ones doing demos can e-mail instructions prior to the sessions, I can sneak them to work and make copies there as long as our group stays small.

I'm very excited and it is still several months away! icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:28am
post #108 of 252

Oh I wanted to add... I was just joking about Donna doing a RI demo LOL .. it is a running joke

I'd love to bring cake balls icon_wink.gif

We also need to think where ever we have the class .. a restaurant nearby where we can all go for a nice lunch and they can accomodate us all icon_smile.gif

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:38am
post #109 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

2sdae.. if you love them wait till you get to Baa's icon_wink.gif in Evansville... WOO HOOOO ... 2 full floors of nothing but cake stuffs.. AND BARELY any Wilton.. they also have molds TONS of them!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Absolutely the GREATEST!! This is MY cake store. I love going to Ba's! Billy is the BEST!

Beth in KY

wgoat5 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:41am
post #110 of 252

Beth are you getting to go to the class in Evansville? icon_biggrin.gif

bethola Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:48am
post #111 of 252

Is that the one in Feb. 2009? I'm sorry, I've been so busy I can barely remember my own name.

Beth

wgoat5 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:51am
post #112 of 252

Yes that's the one icon_smile.gif

bethola Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:52am
post #113 of 252

I really haven't decided. I'm just trying to get through JUNE at this point! LOL Are you going?

Beth

wgoat5 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:54am
post #114 of 252

Yes I am going.. But I think the class is full now.. Hoping maybe can go to another one... maybe carpool to one in a different state icon_wink.gif

bethola Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 4:03am
post #115 of 252

Sounds like a nice "getaway" !

Beth

KieslerKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KieslerKakes Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 10:59am
post #116 of 252

Janet Kiesler

KieslerKakes - Yes I will be attending.

cerobs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cerobs Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 11:27am
post #117 of 252

I would love to come.
charissa robs from knoxville,tn(3 hours away)
cerobs

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:38pm
post #118 of 252

I will bring some eggnog and chocolate cake balls. I have been wanting to try them anyway! I can't wait to meet everyone! icon_smile.gif

lutie Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:00pm
post #119 of 252

UPDATED LIST FOR LOUISVILLE MEETING ON SEPTEMBER 06, 2006

..............................................................................................

Well, I am really trying to keep this current... Here is the list so far... please tell me if I missed someone... Some of you said "Yes" before I had a date of Saturday, September 6, 2008, but I assumed you would still be interested. Please tell me if I am in error with any of the names:

wgoat5 (Christi Goatly)
KieslerKakes (Janet Kiesler)
CakesByLJ (Laura Grater)
Lady_Phoenix
tippyad (Amanda Tipton)
potatocakes
cjstor
Donnagardner (Donna Gardner)
debrab (Debra Boggs)
hallow3
bohnlo
indydebi (Debi Brim)
razzledazzle06
punkiin
allison/ac2steachk
mkolmar
2sdae
Laura102777
cerobs (charissa robs)

lutie (Mary Levee)

This is a total of 21 so far... we are from Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee, and Kentucky. Did I miss any state? It is not that far from Illinois, Missouri, West Virginia... so some of you from those states, please come. Louisville has nice hotels and many are located in the east end, which is pretty close to Campbell's Gourmet Cottage.

As far as demonstrations go, we have roses on a stick, weaving ribbon in a basket weave butter cream icing, and a Royal Icing Demo.

Each one of us can bring or do something. Those who are new could make some of the recipes on the web site for others to taste... example: Michele Foster's Fondant with different flavorings or different flavors of cake balls.
Let us make sure we sign up for something so we do not overlap.

Who has a really great camera and can take great pictures? That would be a great thing to have pictures made so we could post them for everyone.

I will be happy to coordinate everything, as my children are grown and I do not have that responsibility anymore.

We will not have to worry about how much it will cost until we get our final count. There should be a cut-off date for signing up (say June 30 or July 31). If it gets too large, then we will have to find another meeting place, so do not let that become a distraction for anyone. We want as many that can come to attend.

For those who will be doing demonstrations, it would be really helpful to all if you could bring written instructions on how you are doing your particular talent... if the copy cost is too much, we can all purchase a copy from you for whatever it cost you to copy each sheet. That seems fair, do you not agree?

Let us all put on our creative capes and come with great ideas to share. I am looking forward to this meeting of the "Cake Society of Creative Characters". I hope you all like to laugh because that is what I do the best!

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:00pm
post #120 of 252

Yay! I'm glad we have a date! Yes, I'm planning on coming (you've got me on the list, lutie), and my real name is Tracy Hays from Lexington. I don't really know that I could do a demo on anything -- almost everything I've learned came from these boards! But I can definitely bring something! Maybe I'll try out a new recipe!

punkiin - I don't have a "real" business. I just bake for family, friends and occasionally get new customers through word of mouth. Where do you shop for your cake stuff? Michael's and now the new Hobby Lobby? Do you have a business? Yes, a cake meeting in Lexington would be fun, too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%