Meeting In Louisville? Anybody Interested?

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 11 Oct 2008 , 12:02am by JanetBme

KieslerKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KieslerKakes Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:27pm
post #31 of 252

I'm a new commer to the lovely world of cake decorating and would enjoy meeting and talking cake with everyone.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:27pm
post #32 of 252

Oh we can all have fun fun FUN!!!!

Yes I am going to the class WOOO HOOO!!!! icon_biggrin.gif
Lilmansmom you WILL LOVE IT icon_biggrin.gif

Can't wait.. oh yes PLUS .. Jennifer and Sharon bring things for us to buy icon_wink.gif

Hallow you are more then welcome to join us icon_smile.gif

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:34pm
post #33 of 252

Aww I wish I could come. It's not to terribly far for me, just bad timing now. Hopefully there will be another. I will so be there if I can help it! Hope you all have fun!!!

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:36pm
post #34 of 252

Hi, Everyone!

Yes, the hot months are the most difficult to get everyone together... how about early October when things have settled down, kids are on a schedule, it is not quite so hot and humid in the Ohio Valley, and the leaves are starting to turn. Louisville is beautiful at that time.

Also, for most of us, Sunday is a tough time... i.e., church activities, family, etc....

how about a Saturday at a tea house/coffee house/restaurant where we could have a meeting room? Many places have separate rooms for larger groups and do not charge for them... we could all meet and have the tables put together. In fact, I wonder if there is a centralized tea house (St. Matthews, Anchorage, Louisville, Lexington Avenue, etc.) where we would find quieter space? Does anyone have any ideas along that line?

Azalea's is a delightful place... they even have the outdoor patio that can be used by groups (we used it for my daughter's bride's maids shower). They have delightful food and the cost is "average". Something to think about when the decision is to be made.

wgoat5 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:36pm
post #35 of 252

Ashley.. maybe we could talk to CakesByLJ (Laura) to organize something down there icon_smile.gif ... then we can meet again icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif She's from Clarksville

RIGHT Laura???? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:41pm
post #36 of 252

Lutie that is a awesome idea.. Such a beautiful time of year and it won't be sweltering... UGHHH humidity

mommy2djb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2djb Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:43pm
post #37 of 252

Baa's in Evansville is fantastic! I used to live right down the street. Now I'm in Cincinnati and can't ever find what I'm looking for!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:43pm
post #38 of 252

Ya'll are welcome to meet at my house........... icon_biggrin.gif We can talk cake all day...... and night........ there is a cake shop in Nashville... 45 mi away..

wgoat5 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:46pm
post #39 of 252

Ok packin my bunny slippers now Laura.. Oh and i hope you don't mind my footed pj's .. yep has a back flap icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:48pm
post #40 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Ok packin my bunny slippers now Laura.. Oh and i hope you don't mind my footed pj's .. yep has a back flap icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Now that is a visual I will be thinking about all day....... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:50pm
post #41 of 252

Keep me posted

wgoat5 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:51pm
post #42 of 252

icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:56pm
post #43 of 252

Lynn's paradise cafe is lexington ave area and quite the eclectic place with fun food and they are very welcoming and accommodating too.

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:56pm
post #44 of 252

Ooh, Ooh, I wanna come, too!!!! icon_biggrin.gif Nobody I know understands my obsession, so I need to be around some like-minded folks every now and then! icon_razz.gif

My schedule's not too terribly hectic, so just name a date and I can probably make it!!! I'm so excited!

Edited to add: I just can't make it this weekend, or next (the 14th). And I have a wedding cake (my 2nd!!!) on July 5th. Otherwise, I'm pretty open.

wgoat5 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 2:22pm
post #45 of 252

So girls do you think we ought to wait till it cools down a bit? Or should we try this summer?

KieslerKakes Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 2:37pm
post #46 of 252

I'm open to this summer!

CakesByLJ Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 3:19pm
post #47 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by KieslerKakes

I'm open to this summer!

I vote for now.......... It's not that hot ... yet... icon_lol.gif

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 3:41pm
post #48 of 252

let's try for end of june or end of july, doesn't really matter it's hot outside, we arent going to stand in the heat all day!

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 3:42pm
post #49 of 252

Count me in as well! I live about 25 minutes away from Louisville and would love to meet and talk to other CC members! icon_biggrin.gif

tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 3:43pm
post #50 of 252

Keep me posted as to what date you decide. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif I'd love to talk cake. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 4:31pm
post #51 of 252

Hey, why not plan two dates? There's no such thing as too much caking! Maybe we can make these quarterly meetings.

wgoat5 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 5:06pm
post #52 of 252

Yes what about a cake club icon_biggrin.gif

KieslerKakes Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 5:12pm
post #53 of 252

Count me in!

ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 9:02pm
post #54 of 252

Azalea's has been closed for quite a while.

We could ask Susan at Campbell's Gourmet Cottage. They don't serve food, but do have a classroom we can gather in. ICES has met there before, I think.

2sdae and I were talking about a cake club last fall...this might be the time to start something up.

-allison

tippyad Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 9:08pm
post #55 of 252

So...has anyone reached a verdict? I hope to make it! The sooner a date is set the better (for me).

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 10:28pm
post #56 of 252

Sorry to hear about Azalea's (goes to show you how much a single woman goes to eat out once the kids are gone) ... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

This late afternoon, I contact Campbell's Gourmet Cottage and Susan is not there until tomorrow morning to let me know of available times for the meeting room. I will let everyone know by noon what dates are available.

Campbell's Gourmet Cottage would be nice ( it was on my mind this afternoon, too)... plus, they have a nice inventory of items, and host so many classes, etc. to the community. They are so agreeable and have such great customer service... if you have not been there, it is a treat to make a trip. In fact, I travel over 60 miles to get my specialty catering items from there.

Now, let's think this out completely...

#1. Gasoline during the summer months is guaranteed to be higher, plus it is a busy time for most of us in the cake and catering business.
#2. Let us find out available times that Campbell's Cottage special room has (will do that in the a.m. and let everyone know).
#3. How many alternative dates should we offer and vote upon...? Two or three?
#4. Who would like to bring some items for which they are "famous" or "noted" to share with the group?
#5. What about some other fun things you can suggest that you would like to do (besides talking, of course)?
#6. Let us get a ballpark figure of the amount of people who wish to attend to make sure the room would be of the correct size... I will start:

Yes, I am coming (lutie)

tippyad Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 10:32pm
post #57 of 252

I really want to attend. I'm a mother of 3 (9,7,4) I can make it as long as I get enough advanced notice. icon_wink.gif

Count me in.

Where is Campbells Cottage?

CakesByLJ Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 10:56pm
post #58 of 252

lutie......... thanks for checking this out... I would love to come, and with enough notice, can make almost anytime work for me... icon_biggrin.gif I think it would be fun to have everyone bring something to share.. even as simple as their photo album, or as eleborate as doing a demo on some favorite technique..... I am sure some of us could work out ridesharing to save on gas too.. This will be fun party.gifparty.gif

KieslerKakes Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 11:09am
post #59 of 252

Count me in, KieslerKakes. I was at Campbell's last night. I'm taking the cake decorating classes from Lyda Snow - she is great! Susan at Campbell's always has new items. I would suggest a short tour of the place or some time to wonder for those that have never been there before. There is a great restaurant (SalsaRita's) in the same shopping area. I would like to see others work, so if you have pictures or special technics you are famous for that would be great. I can't get enough cake decorating!

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 11:44am
post #60 of 252

count me in for any day! I can't wait to meet some of you. I am new and would love to learn some of your techniques. This will be so much fun. I will bring in my pictures to share and laugh at my worst cake too. And of course to see how far we have come from our first days of decorating. All I have to say how is bringing the cake?????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%