Sugarshack Icing Shelf Life

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 22 May 2008 , 4:33pm by wgoat5

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 11

Just wondering how long I can keep this icing and still have it be ok for a cake? I don't use butter in mine, just hi ratio shortening.

10 replies
cakenewbiekgm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenewbiekgm Posted 21 May 2008 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 11

I did a wedding cake about 2 weeks ago and used SugarShacks icing and had some left over. I used the icing last night to cover a cake. I had some of the icing (just as a precaution icon_razz.gif ) and it still tasted great. I did notice that there were some crusty pieces but I am thinking that is just becuase I didn't have it covered well enough and when I mixed it dry pieces from the side of the bowl were incorporated into the batch of icing. I just had mind on the counter covered with saran wrap. There are no dairy products so it should stay good for a while. thumbs_up.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:11am
post #3 of 11

forever

LOL

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:44am
post #4 of 11

I have frozen, thawed, and refrozen it numerous times. I just fill a bowl and rewhip to get the air that appeared from it being frozen. Works as good as a fresh batch.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:55am
post #5 of 11

Patty do you have the recipe revision for the 4.5 qt KA?

pjaycakes Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 11

pm'd you Christi.

wgoat5 Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:52pm
post #7 of 11

aww Patty I didn't get a pm icon_sad.gif sniffle icon_cry.gif lol

must be a glitch in the system

pjaycakes Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:00pm
post #8 of 11

4 1/2 cups powdered hi ratio shortening
4 cups powdered sugar
12-16 tab coffee creamer mixture
4 tab flavoring
3 teas salt

I mix 1 cup of coffee creamer with 1 cup of boiling water. I add salt to cut some sweetness, but you don't have to.

Put the shortening, flavoring and hot coffee creamer mixture and salt if added in a bowl and mix on low speed until smooth and combined. I just add the powdered sugar steadily all at one time. Once combined turn up to 6 or med high speed and mix for about 9 minutes or until it looks nice and smooth.

I would start with the 12 tab of creamer and you can always add more right before you turn up the mixer speed if it is too thick.

Sorry it took so long, I've been busy today. They are actually making me work at my job icon_cry.gif

wgoat5 Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:05pm
post #9 of 11

Oh no Patty I thought it said you had SENT me a pm.. I thought maybe it just didn't come through.. I feel so darn bad icon_sad.gif

pjaycakes Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:27pm
post #10 of 11

I did send a pm earlier... don't feel bad. I guess it just didn't go through so I posted it here. icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:33pm
post #11 of 11

thank you Patty icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%