Fondant...

Decorating By dana_michelle06 Updated 20 May 2008 , 11:44pm by diane

dana_michelle06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dana_michelle06 Posted 20 May 2008 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, my name is Dana, and I am new at decorating cakes. I have only made a few, and only one of those were with fondant. I used the MM recipe, but I have been reading on here about RBC. Which one would be easier for beginners like myself to use? As for my second question, I am making a cake for my sister's birthday. She is a nurse, so I wanted to make her a nurse themed cake. I want to do it in BC with fondant decorations. I am going to be quite busy this weekend, so I was wondering if I can make the decorations, like pills, syringe, stethoscope, and things like that, early so that when it comes for theses, all I have to do is apply them. If I can make these up early, how early can I make them, and how do I need to store them? Thanks so much!! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 20 May 2008 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 3

Welcome to Cake Central

Rolled buttercream (RBC) is sometimes greasy, but is great for cookies. Some use it on cake, but it can be trickier to apply.

You can make the fondant decorations at time. They will dry and harden some, but it won't normally hurt them. Most of the time they are not to be eaten, anyway.

Store them to protect them from light and dust, but NOT airtight. It wll make them soggy.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 20 May 2008 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 3

welcome to cc!! icon_lol.gif
there are tons of tutorials and help from everyone here, so i'm sure you'll do fine. post a picture when you're done. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%