Iso: Ideas For Chocolate Fountain Dipping Items

Decorating By eatdessert1st Updated 20 May 2008 , 2:35pm by indydebi

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 4

Hey, all:
My god daughter is graduating HS! Having a big bash w/ a chocolate fountain. What I've got so far for dipping:
Homemade marshmallows
homemade coconut shortbread cookies
pretzels
strawberries
I was considering banana slices but not sure how to do those due to the browning factor... sprinkle w/ lemon juice?
Any other dipping ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Melanie Mc.

3 replies
gateauxdamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateauxdamour Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:05pm
post #2 of 4

Mini donuts and fresh pineapple are two others that have been popular with our customers!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:12pm
post #3 of 4

other items I've had before:

pound cake cubes
angel food cake cubes
graham cracker sticks
pieces of cheesecake
grapes

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 4

I own 5 choc fountains and use them at weddings all the time.

Rice Krispie Treats are good ones ... I cut them in 1x3" sticks.

To use bananas, cut them in 1.5" lengths. Swish them in a 7-Up "bath" .... pour some 7-Up into a bowl and swich the cut bananas in it for 15-20 seconds. The bananas will sit out for about 20 mins without turning brown. At weddings, I cut no more than 3 bananas at a time and set them out. It only takes seconds to make a new batch.

Graham crackers go great, especially if you also have marshmellows, for that Smores taste.

Mini-muffin brownies (sold at Sam's) are great. They have a concave top, so they hold a good dollop of chocolate!

Be careful with anything that has crumbs .... cut pieces of pound cake, biscotti, etc..... the crumbs will get in the choc and it won't flow as smooth and pretty.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%