Auction Cake Done

Decorating By butterflywings Updated 20 May 2008 , 11:29pm by diane

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 20 May 2008 , 11:33am
post #1 of 5

For those who were interested in seeing the cake I donated to the resource fair over the weekend, I've posted it in my pics

Here's the link:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1222957

The fair went well. There weren't quite as many people as they predicted, but still a nice crowd. Lots of people took my cards and/or brochures (which turned out GREAT!). Other than I should have thought to bring a screen to cover the cake (it was OUTSIDE - EEK) and the one wayward child who stuck is finger into the fondant, the cake was a huge success and made a little money for the ranch.

I want to thank EVERYONE who has posted a western style stacked cake. I incorporated several ideas to come up with this. Next time I'll try the RI banadana design on the red. And the denim "swirl" totally an accident that came out as I started kneading the color into the fondant. I really like the effect.

TFL!

4 replies
butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 20 May 2008 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 5

Oh, I forgot to add... I did get an ORDER!!! One of the other exhibitors asked me to make her daughter's 2nd birthday cake. I had my Debbie Brown book 50 easy party cakes with me and she saw the pony cake that Debbie did (the three ponies in the stable) and ordered that plus 1 1/2 dozen cupcakes. I'm very excited about that. I didn't really expect any on the spot orders! the order isn't due until July, but I'll be sure to make pics (and I might make a test cake for my boys so I can practice the pony heads)

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 20 May 2008 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 5

Your cake is great. You really have done a great job! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

And also Congradulations on getting the cake order.

Well Done! icon_biggrin.gif

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 20 May 2008 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 5

Great job, it is so cute. You should be very proud of yourself.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 20 May 2008 , 11:29pm
post #5 of 5

cute cake...i love the bandana at the bottom. thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%