Buttercream Fondant

Decorating By pinklesley1 Updated 20 May 2008 , 3:33am by JanH

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:09am
post #1 of 4

I was making MMF and i accidentally came across something that I am calling BC fondant...
it doesnt taste like MMF, it tastes like a sweeter version of BC
has this happened to anyone, or is this a new invention that I came upon By accident....?

Im so using this for those customers who dont like MMF but want BC... bc i dont do BC... its too hot and too humid to have the BC hold up on me...

so i exclusively use fondant... i ve flavored it with other flavors (lemon, rootbeer, mint, chocolate, etc) but this was in an effort to get the MMF to release I added butter flavored crisco, which i use to kneed the MMF into the mixer, and when i tasted it... it tasted just like buttercream...

am i wierd or has this happened to someone else before?[/list]

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:43am
post #2 of 4

Sounds like you just discovered your own version of rolled buttercream. icon_smile.gif

Everything you ever wanted to know about RBC:
(Recipes, hints & tips, how to use on cakes and cookies and more.)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-221681-.html

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-584741-.html

HTH

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:50am
post #3 of 4

i didnt even know that existed until you told me..
people say its greasy ... mine isnt like that at all...
and it is so smooth to work with, and once you put it on the cake, it looks like regular fondant... i think that i may want to ass some butter flavoring to make it more buttery... what do you think?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:33am
post #4 of 4

[quote="pinklesley1"]
people say its greasy ... mine isnt like that at all...
and it is so smooth to work with, and once you put it on the cake, it looks like regular fondant... quote]

RBC doesn't have to be greasy. There are many recipes for RBC just as there are for American b/c...... And RBC does look like fondant when it is on a cake or cookie.

I think the frosting flavor should complement the cake flavor...but that's JMHO. icon_smile.gif

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%