Hmmm... pistachio.. sounds interesting!! Tell us how it goes icon_smile.gif

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 5:10pm
post #32 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

LOL don't ya make your own gas?? icon_biggrin.gif

Hmmm... pistachio.. sounds interesting!! Tell us how it goes icon_smile.gif

My son is actually working on getting his truck to run on hydrogen. That is interesting.

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 5:13pm
post #33 of 110

Pistachio is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! The green color throws some people for a loop but it is so good - give me pistachio anything - cake, pudding, frosting, ice cream, etc.

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 5:14pm
post #34 of 110

How about some recipes get posted by those that have tried them and then those of us that haven't baked outside the box can each bake one this month and give our reviews?

I personally would love to try vanilla lavender, rose water, green tea .... give me a reason to bake for my family instead of just orders.

Who's up for it?

nicki9774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicki9774 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 5:27pm
post #35 of 110

ok, I guess I'm weird too. I made a pistaccio cake with a pistaccio whipped cream frosting. It was the bomb! And for St. Patty's Day I made a grasshopper hot fudge cake! Yummy!!

Nicki

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 11:33pm
post #36 of 110

oh, please. not grasshopper and cake in one sentence. (sorry, no offense) i stick w/ vanilla and chocolate. i will hardly taste anything w/ nuts in it, my fillings consist of chocolate buttercream or vanilla. i guess i'm plain.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 11:55pm
post #37 of 110

Christi,
I totally agree with you! I was watching a show the other day and they gave the flavors of the cake, I thought eeww! Then I thought , should I be making weird flavors like that? I wouldn't even know where to start.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 3:42am
post #38 of 110

Ok... I have to say... I tried a weird flavor... dreamsicle with lemon bc and DID NOT LIKE It... icon_sad.gif

What's wrong with me???????? lol

I so need to get out of my box!!! icon_sad.gif

servingzero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
servingzero Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 4:02am
post #39 of 110

why did you not do dreamsicle with orange bc. Or chocolate bc.
I am personally against everything Orange and Chocolate (together, seperate they are delish!) but apparantly they are a mainstay as the Terry's chocolate orange brand will say! (only when they made the mint choco was I okay with them.)
I am all for TRYING different tastes, and to me a choco kiwi cake sound great. Its all about what you personally enjoy I guess. I hate Mango myself, but we had a mango cheesecake at work (I'm a waitress) and so many people were saying "oh, that sounds so wonderful, but I'm so full"

then again, i think if they were shown a dessert plate full of chocolate decadent treats, they're reconsider their full bellies, or at least attempt to coerce their other table cohorts to share!

wgoat5 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 4:07am
post #40 of 110

LOL I didn't do it... I actually ate it somewhere icon_sad.gif

Not one of my favs to say the least

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 4:09am
post #41 of 110

I think sometimes you have to just try stuff. My favorite cake was from a bakery in Winnipeg Manitoba.

Base of cake - Almond/butter cookie literally. Kind of used as a cake round.
Then a layer of chocolate cake, followed by a nutty and orange segment (grand-marnier) mousse. then a layer of white cake and the whole thing covered in a silky grand-marnier/chocolate buttercream. chocolate shavings, and tiny little orange segment candies on swirls of whip cream. The very best of best cakes. Wow. I keep on forgeting to use the cookie on the bottom of my torted cakes.

They had about 7 or more other types of cakes that you could order, they were absolutely fabulous. I miss them so!

Try some new flavors:

Pumkin/spice cake with pumkin mousse filling and cream cheese buttercream, a nice fall cake.

Try out Lychees also spelled Litchi and other fruits in cakes/filling/icing you will be surprised. This fruit gives an apple"y" "rosey" taste to desert's it's awesome.

Good Luck

servingzero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
servingzero Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 4:17am
post #42 of 110

I think that I just personally don't like the IDEA of flower taste. Like Lavender, and things such. Someone wants a Rose taste...well eat a flower. Some scents are just far too powerful for eating (in my nosey opinion anyway.... scent is a biiig part of taste for me.. as is texture... perhaps I am picky lol)

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 5:32pm
post #43 of 110

I haven't gone funky yet but I tried a "put the lime in the coconut" cake and I really liked all of the components separately, but when I put it together, it wasn't good at all.

I got this from some show on Food Network a couple of months ago where people compete against each other. My hubby and I both thought it would be awesome so we drove all around town trying to get coconut oil and several other items for it. I spent several hours making it and was very disappointed. I think I can tweak it and make it better so I'm going to try it at some point. Just can't get around to it.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 5:58pm
post #44 of 110

the weirdest have tried is carrot cake with lemon curd filling and dreamsicle frosting. it was soooo yummy.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:04pm
post #45 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Ok... I have to say... I tried a weird flavor... dreamsicle with lemon bc and DID NOT LIKE It... icon_sad.gif

What's wrong with me???????? lol

I so need to get out of my box!!! icon_sad.gif

omg Christi! That's dreamsicle and lemon are weird? Girl, we have to get you out. icon_wink.gif Did you not like either flavor or the two together?

Getfrosted, I would love to try that!

Pistachio sounds interesting...I have had pistachio ice cream and loved it.

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:15pm
post #46 of 110

I'm not a fan of weirdo flavored cakes either. I don't even like weird fillings. What I do like is take a basic white or chocolate cake, split it and fill with whipped cream and place it on a plate with a nice spoonful of fresh strawberries or raspberries. If I wanted tea flavor, I would have a nice slice of cake with a refreshing glass of iced tea. I'll take my guava on the side also. You get the real flavor that way and the presentation is awesome.

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:21pm
post #47 of 110

I was laughing my butt off through this whole thread....I would love to jump out of the box with whoever else is game for doing so....I am a chocolate, white, yellow baker...only because people do not know differently. Last Sept. I made hummingbird cake for my daughter's first birthday...nobody wanted to eat it....I need to help them through this...I will make it, they will try it and hopefully...they will like it....

wgoat5 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:41pm
post #48 of 110

OHHH YUMMMMM Hummingbird is one of my FAV cakes ..

Thanks a lot now I'm hungry !!!! icon_wink.gif

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:45pm
post #49 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

It's okay.. I know I am wierd.. I embrace it.

Ironbaker.. at least you weren't called a health nut.. icon_lol.gif

Yeah I called you health nut... who eats tofu oreos?! icon_confused.gif It figures you'd eat that weirdo flavors icon_lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I'm a traditionalist so no "weird" cake flavorings here, please! If you want guava monkey butt cake with ear wax coconut filling, please call someone else!

(And I hate oreos, too!)

I was having a rough day until I read this. It's hysterical. THANK YOU! I agree. Now that is not to say I wouldn't try it if someone else made it... I'm just not going to waste my ingredients baking it and then hating it.

Oh and you people who don't like Oreos need to get your palets checked!

jolmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolmk Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:49pm
post #50 of 110

We have a farmers market close to where I live and a lady was selling rose and peony flavored jams. Said she was making a peony flavored wedding cake. The jam was pretty good though I not sure I'd want a whole cake.

I also worked in a gourmet food store and the one pastry chef made a Earl Grey Tea flavored cake, never got to taste it, it always sold out fast.

Would love to try some of the flavors if anyone is willing to give out recipes.

Jo

CelebrationCakery Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:49pm
post #51 of 110

All I can picture myself doing is rummaging through the cabinets the picking tons of "stuff" to just add a bit here and there and ta da.....the next funky butt cake flavor with exotic BC of some sort....Of course I will have to give it some sort of unique name to get people to actually eat it...Maybe the naming of my "new" cakes will be the fun part....heck maybe that is how I can get everyone to eat it....they have to taste it to vote on the name....

CelebrationCakery Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:50pm
post #52 of 110

Did anyone make that Lettuce cake in the "Healthy Cake" forum a few weeks ago????

wgoat5 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:52pm
post #53 of 110

EWWWWWWW lettuce cake..

Ok gag reflex is workin now LOL

twooten173 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:55pm
post #54 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeshoppe

the weirdest have tried is carrot cake with lemon curd filling and dreamsicle frosting. it was soooo yummy.

Ok I'm seriously gagging over this one. Why would someone mess up such a wonderful cake by adding mushy lemon curd? Oi vey!

wgoat5 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 7:01pm
post #55 of 110

Ok to be all honest I hope NOBODY orders lemon curd from me icon_sad.gif .. cause I can't taste it... citrus and me just don't seem to mingle well

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:29pm
post #56 of 110

My most popular flavour right now is vanilla bean cake with fresh lemon curd and whole raspberries. It's gooooooood! My DH loves it and he doesn't like lemon stuff.

CelebrationCakery Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:40pm
post #57 of 110

Christi
I think you may be gagging because the word CURD itself just sounds sickening....maybe we should make up some elaborate name for that too while we are at it....
I cannot for the life of me think of one but it does sound sick....I bought some and have to say it isn't as good as I had hoped, it is a consistancy thing with me though....maybe if I make it myself it will be better....adding that to the "someday" list....

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:47pm
post #58 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianDonovan

Christi
I think you may be gagging because the word CURD itself just sounds sickening........

I can tell you that's exactly it with me. You say curd ... I envision cottage cheese. icon_razz.gif Then you call it lemon-cottage-cheese curd ... as it curdled ... as in spoiled milk .... well, you see where I'm going here! icon_redface.gif

wgoat5 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:49pm
post #59 of 110

LOL yeah like SOMEDAY I need to get off this puter and organize my cake stuff....

OH OH OH .. another cake flavor that kind of sickens me is PB & J icon_sad.gif .. on a sandwich I see it.. on a cake .. not for me icon_sad.gif

twooten173 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 9:35pm
post #60 of 110

The vanilla bean and raspberries actually sound yummy... but NO LEMON CURD!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%