Columbus, Ga

Business By dream Updated 29 May 2008 , 1:03am by fluttercakes

dream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream Posted 19 May 2008 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 11

Where are the closesest cake decorating supply stores/companies near Columbus, GA?

10 replies
2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 11

I live about 1 1/2 hour away and I know there is one in Newnan. The others are on the other side of Atlanta other than Michael's (Newnan). icon_smile.gif

dream Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks 2xMiMi- I will keep that in mind and any other suggestions I get.

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:30am
post #4 of 11

I am in Marietta, but am originally from Columbus. There is a Michael's and a hobby Lobby there. For a true specialty store, I have to drive across Atlanta to Lawrenceville to Cake Art. They do have a website. Hope this helps.

Where in Columbus do you live?

dream Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:46am
post #5 of 11

tchrmom, I do live in Columbus, GA near 80. I shop at A C Moore, Hobby Lobby and Michael's but I was tryng to find a specialty shop nearby. I will have to check out Cake Art.

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:22am
post #6 of 11

There are several! I live in Fayetteville, and if I need something really quick I can go to Simply Sweet Supplies in Newnan (the owner can order almost anything for you, btw). I used to go up to Cake Art in Tucker, but after I set up my business account with CK South in Norcross, I don't go there anymore since I can get the wholesale price from CK.

Nicholas Lodge's store in also in Norcross...tons of gumpaste cutters!!! Also, if you have a business license I just discovered a fabulous restaurant supplier in Norcross as well (there is one in Atlanta, too but I was up at CK anyways)! Their name is Restaurant Depot, and they have EVERYTHING! I'm talking 50lb bags of Cake Flour (Softasilk's restaurant grade), 25lb to 50lb bags of confectioner's sugar, 50lb blocks of Sweetex, 11lb blocks of Callebaut Chocolate, Bakery boxes, Cake Circles...you name it, they seem to have it (I had a little fun...can you tell icon_lol.gif)!

HTH!

dream Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:39am
post #7 of 11

Thanks for the info! I am a newbie and I do not get to bake cakes as often as I would like because it is jut DH and I. I wish I was good enough to have my own shop but I am far from it. Practice. Practice. Practice. My husband and I travel to Atlanta every now and then so I was checking to see if I was missing out on any cake decorating supply stores. Everyone has been so helpful- I now feel like I have some other options.

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:41pm
post #8 of 11

Fluttercakes
I am also in Fayetteville. Simply Sweet Supplies is the store I was talking about in Newnan. Are you on the north or south side of Fayetteville? icon_smile.gif

Melonie1005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melonie1005 Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:51pm
post #9 of 11

There is one in Warner Robins, but I can't remember the name of it. Have you checked in Macon? Sorry I can't be more help.

hopesmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hopesmith Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:01am
post #10 of 11

The one in Warner Robins is AJ's Confections & Sweets ( I believe that's the whole name). Besides Hobby Lobby and Michaels that about all in the Macon/Warner Robins area.

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:03am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xMiMi

Fluttercakes
I am also in Fayetteville. Simply Sweet Supplies is the store I was talking about in Newnan. Are you on the north or south side of Fayetteville? icon_smile.gif

South! I'm about a five minute drive from the Fayetteville City Limits and about a ten minute drive from PTC! Small world thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%