Decorating By CRykens Updated 20 May 2008 , 6:18am by sparklynne

CRykens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CRykens Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 4

I am trying to find hexagon shaped cake plates for a tiered cake. Appears that Wilton no longer makes them. I have a bride who wants a 3 tiered hexagon shaped cake, what do I do?
I have tried to google for hexagon shaped cake plates, but am not having any luck.
Does anyone know where to find them, or at least what kind to use to it doesn't look awful!??


3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 4

When all else fails.......be the mother of inventionicon_smile.gif
Use sq or even round plates closest to the size of the cake. That little bit ofcake that is not supported on a plate should not be a problem.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 May 2008 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 4

kakeladi is right ... the cardboard under the cake will support those tips of cake that extend over the plate. Just be sure your cardboards are cut to the size of the cake and you'll be fine.

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 20 May 2008 , 6:18am
post #4 of 4

I just watched a program that Martha Stewart did for an ON DEMAND program for cable. It was about getting this type of shape for a wedding cake. She took square cakes and had taken a piece of cardboard/cake board and had it cut to the dimensions she needed and lined it up with the square cake and trimmed it to the template size she made. She did this with all three tiers of the cake and it worked out great. I am sorry to hear that Wilton discontinued the pans. icon_sad.gif There are a lot of brides that are choosing this still. Wish I had a better answer for you. Good luck! Let us know how it comes out for you!
Everything's Sparklynne

Quote by @%username% on %date%