Looking To Invest In Square Pans, What Is??

Decorating By ranbel Updated 19 May 2008 , 9:22pm by terri76

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 18 May 2008 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 14

I am getting ready to purchase some square pans.

Can you tell me which is the best brand or which brand has the best corners?

I have been looking at the magic line brand and they look really nice.

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

13 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 19 May 2008 , 10:18am
post #2 of 14

Magic line is what I prefer icon_smile.gif

leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 19 May 2008 , 10:43am
post #3 of 14

I like Fat Daddios.

spunkybear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spunkybear Posted 19 May 2008 , 11:09am
post #4 of 14

Ditto on the Fat Daddios! I have never tried the Magic Line but I do see on here that LOTS of people do like those and swear by them. I favor the 3" pans and honestely have only had these for a few months, but not sure how I ever lived and survived with my old ones! I do have to say that the price may have influenced me a bit as well. I was able to get the entire set of sizes (I think there are 6) out the door for less than $85! Which I have to say, I thought was a steel! I would like to sometime bake with a Magic Line to campare! icon_lol.gif
Fat Daddios bake some awesome square edges too! thumbs_up.gif

courtney1009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
courtney1009 Posted 19 May 2008 , 11:28am
post #5 of 14

I have both fat daddios and magic line and I love the magic lines! I think they're a lot better!

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 19 May 2008 , 11:37am
post #6 of 14

Thanks guys for you input.

I will have to look ito the fat daddios and compare...

Have a wonderful day icon_smile.gif

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 19 May 2008 , 12:21pm
post #7 of 14

Add me to the Magic Line believers, although I don't have any of the Fat Daddio's. I do plan on buying a couple FD's though because I like some of the shapes that they have. ML's only seem to come in round, square or sheet.

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 19 May 2008 , 12:42pm
post #8 of 14

I also have both and have to say Magic Line no question! I posted this on another thread...........I baked two cakes, same size, same batter, same everything. The fat daddio was too brown for my liking and the magic line was perfect. The magic line is a heavier pan.

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 19 May 2008 , 12:43pm
post #9 of 14

Well, I have to say that I definately do not recommend the Wilton, only because I used them for the sqaure wedding cake in my photos and the edges were horrible to frost...so just last week I bought a magic line and it is wonderful...I wish I could afford the set but that is going to have to be on the "someday" list!!

BethG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethG Posted 19 May 2008 , 1:03pm
post #10 of 14

I also agree that magic line is better than Wiltons pans. The corners on magic line are square and I believe the pans are far more durable. I also have never tried FAT Daddios

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 19 May 2008 , 1:21pm
post #11 of 14

MAGIC LINE all the way.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 19 May 2008 , 1:34pm
post #12 of 14

I have Fat Daddios and Magic line.. I'd sell my FD's to get more ML .. Just my opinion... Even though they are better then Wilton they don't compare in my opinion to ML.. but that is just my opinion.. Different strokes for different folks icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif LOL

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:09pm
post #13 of 14

Magic Line all the way. Good, heavy pans with sharp edges.

terri76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terri76 Posted 19 May 2008 , 9:22pm
post #14 of 14

ranbel I'm so glad you asked that question! I came onto the site to ask the same exact one! I've been using Wilton and I'm just not completely satisfied with them.

I've been online today looking at Magic Line and Fat Daddio's trying to decide on which one to get. Thanks for asking so I didn't have to. icon_wink.gif

My question's been answered, thanks y'all! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%