Question For Cakers In The Triangle, Nc Area...

Decorating By alisoncooks Updated 22 Jun 2008 , 11:28pm by southerncake

alisoncooks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alisoncooks Posted 18 May 2008 , 11:45am
post #1 of 4

Where do you guys get your cake supplies? I want to try Sugarshack's icing but am pretty sure Sweetex hi-ratio is not in the local Food Lion icon_smile.gif And also wanting to get some emulsions. I've heard of a cake supply downtown Raleigh, but that's about an hour from me and I'd like to avoid driving downtown. Know of anything more western, say Cary, Apex or even Sanford? Thanks!

3 replies
Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 19 May 2008 , 1:25pm
post #2 of 4

You can get some things at Papertown in Raleigh, they carry High ratio shortening, Chocopan, and satin ice. They have some Americolor, and dusts, but the best thing is, they have lots and lots of cake boxes! If you need other things, there is a place in Clayton, NC called NC Paper, and they have dummies, all pan sets, gum paste flowers, and the other things I can not find in Raleigh. I usually just order most of my supplies on line.

alisoncooks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alisoncooks Posted 19 May 2008 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the reply. I figured I'd have to either go downtown Raleigh (which I seldom have need to do) or order online (which I'm totally cheap and don't want to do...shipping icon_smile.gif) Oh well! Thanks.

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 11:28pm
post #4 of 4

I'm thinking of selling hi-ratio shortening at our shop in Sanford, becuase so many people around here seem to be asking for it! If you are interested, feel free to PM me!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%