Help Me Think Of A Topper For My Son's 3Rd Birthday

Decorating By buttercreamkisses Updated 18 May 2008 , 5:33pm by buttercreamkisses

buttercreamkisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercreamkisses Posted 18 May 2008 , 2:26am
post #1 of 3

My son's third birthday is coming up in August. We are doing a fishing theme. My plan is to make a 1/4 sheet cake (4") decorated in a pond scene (blue mmf fondant w/ fish accents) and a 6" (4 in high) circle in the upper right corner decorated like land w/ a big stone. My parents have a pond and the boys sit on a big rock and fish.

I briefly thought about making a fondant/gumpaste figure that looks like Zane to put on the rock but I'm too much of a newbie to even attempt it. Now I'm trying to think of other ideas or figure out where I could buy a gumpaste boy.

2 replies
lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 18 May 2008 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 3

Wentzville Mo. Here!
Try the gumpaste boy, you have plenty of time to tweek it. You could put a fishing hat on him like your avatar photo, so the face wouldn't have to be perfect. You could have it look like he dozed off with his head down a little. It would be pretty easy I think. Good luck! I also posted looking for Missouri CCer's but no response yet. I was hoping to get a discussion going about pricing here in MO.! Maybe we could all get some type of price list that would be pretty standard going!

buttercreamkisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercreamkisses Posted 18 May 2008 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 3

I didn't see a MO post. I'm no where near ready to sell anything I'm not worried about pricing yet!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%