Round Cookie Decorating Ideas

Baking By jukeboxhero Updated 18 May 2008 , 2:29am by elainec

jukeboxhero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jukeboxhero Posted 17 May 2008 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,
I just bought a round cookie cutter mainly because of the cute pirate decorating idea they had on the package. That may be a little too much work for my purposes. Does anyone have more ideas for round cookie cutters? I'm mainly looking for boy-themed ideas, but would like to read others, as well.
Thanks,
Julie

5 replies
dmq1298 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmq1298 Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 6

An instant decoration is an edible image. You could put his face on it, or really anything you can find on line. Also, and balls ie. soccer, baseballs, beach balls, tennis balls, basketballs. Hope that helps~ Donna

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 6

What about a baseball .. basketball etc ?

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 6

This moderately work-intensive. I used MMF colored orange that I cut with the same cookie cutter that I was going to use for the cookies. I put the MMF circles on the cookies while they were warm. Then I used an edible pen to draw basketball lines on it. You can put the cookies back in the oven for a minute to make sure the MMF sticks. Kids love these-- too much sugar for me. It's good on sugar cookies or ginger snaps. You could use the round and do any kind of ball- baseballs would be easy too.

This also works well with leaves, but it's more trouble if you make them textured-- I use a toothpick to make veins and then paint them with fall colors. Usually I use orange or yellow fondant as a base.

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 17 May 2008 , 8:42pm
post #5 of 6

What icings do you use? Do you use MMF?

With a glace you can do a tye-die kinda look..use two colors on one cookie, use a toothpick and swirl the colors together.

Other ideas
drop flowers with a leaf or two.
candles

elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 18 May 2008 , 2:29am
post #6 of 6

You could make yo-yos, wrap thin strings of the peel apart licorice for the cord.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%