Florida State Cake... Ideas?

Decorating By andromedaslove Updated 18 May 2008 , 12:24pm by Lesia

andromedaslove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andromedaslove Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:38pm
post #1 of 3

Ok.... My husband just decided to remind me that my Father In Law's birthday is the 20th. I am usually the one who makes everyone's birthday cakes and now that I am serious about learning how to do all of this stuff I wanted to make him a really neat one. He loves FSU and I would love to find a way to put this on a single layer round cake for him. Any suggestions?

2 replies
Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 15 May 2008 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 3

You could make a large frozen buttercream transfer, and just transfer onto the cake and voila you are done, once you decorated the sides. A chocolate transfer would work too.

If you work with fondant, you could make it the size you want and then cut out the different pieces. Use those pieces of paper as stencils for cutting out your fondant. Piece together your picture.

You could also go to your neighborhood Walmart, Sams Club or Costco, and take the picture in IN COLOR, and ask them to create an edible image for you. They dont usually charge much, like maybe $5-$10. From there you take home your image, and stick it on top of the cake once you are done decorating.

HTH

Lesia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lesia Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:24pm
post #3 of 3

I'll include the pic here - what I did was print off the pic and cut the elements apart, tracing around each one on the top of the cake, then star-tipped them in. This was waaaaaay back when I first started doing cakes - my goodness what a rough icing job! LOL. Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%