I don't see why BC wouldn't work. The flowers should probably be fondant, to achieve the 3d look but the stems can be BC or RI.
I agree... do you know what kind of flower that is?
I think it's just a generic, 5 petal flower cutter. There's one like that in the Wilton green set of cutters and PME makes a set of 4 that's very reasonable, if you want different sizes.
I agree w/Blake..it's just a generic 5 petal blossom. Find one that has a slight point on the end of the petal OR stretch it w/a balltool.
It looks like "petunia cutters" were used. Global Sugar Art sells them is two sizes.
that flower is Fantasy Flower. you can buy them online at www.wholesalesugarflower.com, already made or get five petal cutter like kakeladi mentioned before.
I agree w/bori74. if you click on the link she provided, that flower is right in the middle of the top row. for me, i'd probably buy them already made (even if i don't need ALL 81 that come in the order) because i'd probably drive myself crazy making all those darn things.
I agree that they are done with the petunia cutter.
WOW! thanks for all the responses!! everyone has been very hepful!
Now.......do I want to buy them or make them??? they look pretty simple, I may just make them..
Thanks again for the help!!
I think you could make those w/o a cutter...like yo would for Freesia, except w/o the stamen. I'll try to explain using my flower book.
1. Roll a ball of gum paste 8mm in diameter (or whatever size you need), and shape into a cone.
2. Hollow the cone by inserting a toothpick into th bulbous end and rotating it to open up the into a cylinder, thinning the walls.
3. To form the petals, cut the edge if the cylinder into six sections (or the # you need for the amount of petals you want) w/ small pointed scissors. Cut off the square corners of each petal.
4. Lay each petal in turn over your fingertip and roll w/ the toothpick across the front of each one to thin and shape.
5. Arrange the petals to open or close as you would like.
I'm not sure if you want to try this or not, but it may help someone!
thanks! I might just try it!