Help With An Upright Bottle Cake

Decorating By Cynita Updated 16 May 2008 , 1:00pm by jessi01

Cynita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynita Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 7

I will be making a Remy Martin bottle cake this weekend and I will be using roughly 4 to 5 6" round pans for the bottle and 1/2 sports ball pan for the slightly rounded top that connects to the neck of the bottle. I am confused about how to construct the neck of the bottle. Any ideas or what would you do?

Thanks a million,
Cynita

6 replies
doodleism Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doodleism Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 7

I would use rice krispy treats. Mold them, skewer them, and let them dry overnight. Then place on top of the sports ball pan and decorate.

Cynita Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 7

I've heard about rice krispy treats used for decorating but have never used them. Will this be the rice krispy treats that you buy off the shelf in the grocery store or is there some kind of special recipe that I should use to make my own. And, would it really hold up under fondant?

Thanks,
Cynita

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 15 May 2008 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 7

Yes, it's the same stuff. And if it dries hard, it should hold up. Just mold it, squinching everything together as tightly as you can, and let it dry overnight uncovered. Put the skewer in before you let it dry.

jessi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessi01 Posted 15 May 2008 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 7

I also think rice krispys are the way to go.. I made a Captain Morgan bottle that way and it worked great! I just made rice crispy treats like the box says and used it while it was still warm and pliable. when it cooled it was ready to go! you can see it in my pics if you'd like icon_biggrin.gif

Cynita Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:07pm
post #6 of 7

jessi,
your bottle is great. Did you carved to get the rounded part of the bottle or did you use the sports ball pan? Any other tips will also be helpful.

Thanks a heap,
Cynita

jessi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessi01 Posted 16 May 2008 , 1:00pm
post #7 of 7

thanks!
I actually just used the rice crispys for the rounded part and the neck... One thing you may want to keep in mind, I had a hard time covering the whole thing in fondant... I think next time I would lay the bottle down or something, getting fondant to go around that shape without tearing was a pain!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%