Carmel Cake Icing

Baking By bodimob Updated 16 May 2008 , 12:46pm by shaloop

bodimob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodimob Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 5

[b]I want a good recipe for a carmel cake icing. I have tried many but, I want to old fashion kind. [/b]

4 replies
KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 5

The Cake Mix Dr book has a recipe for caramel icing. Funny that you just posted this because I literally just ate a piece of cake with the caramel frosting on it that I had made last night.

It's fast and really easy. I used all light brown sugar and 2% milk and it came out just fine. I might recommend to sift the powdered sugar otherwise it's hard to stir the lumps out.

Quick Caramel Frosting
8 tablespoons ( 1 stick) butter
1/2c. lt brown sugar
1/2c. dk brown sugar
1/4c. whole milk
2c. powdered sugar
1 teas. vanilla

Place the butter and brown sugars in a saucepan over medium heat. Stire and cook until the mixture comes to a boil, about 2 minutes. Add milk, stir, bring the mixture back to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat with wooden spoon until frosting is smooth.

Use immediately ( while still warm) to frost the cake of your choice or the frosting will harden. If it does harden while you are frosting the cake, simply place the pan back over low heat and stir until the frosting softens up.
Makes 3 cups.

Enjoy!
KimAZ

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 5

My recipe is almost identical. I use all dark brown sugar and add 1/4 teaspoon salt. The other difference is to wait until the milk and sugar combination is cooled to lukewarm before adding the sugar. Also I don't use a wooden spoon; I beat it with a mixer and add a little more milk if it is too stiff.

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:05pm
post #4 of 5

look at the recipes that has been posted they look good. or go to food network look under paula deen. hope this helps.

shaloop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaloop Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:46pm
post #5 of 5

Here are some you can try. http://www.chowhound.com/topics/338051

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%