Need Help Pricing My First Wedding Cake

Decorating By chloe_52 Updated 15 May 2008 , 6:49pm by becklynn

chloe_52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chloe_52 Posted 15 May 2008 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing my first wedding cake in July and need to give a quote to the bride.I am doing a 6", 10" and 14" square cake with buttercream icing and shell border. I priced the cost of my ingredients to be $65.00 but am not sure what to charge in total for the cake as this is my first. I was thinking around $175 but not sure if this is too low for a wedding cake, or too much as it is my first wedding cake. Any help would be great.

Krista

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 4

According to the Wilton Weddign chart, which is what I go by, http://www.wilton.com/wedding/cakeinfo/cakedata.cfm, a 14/10/6 square will be about 164 servings. Using your numbers, the $175 is barely more than $1.00/serving.

My pricing is publicly posted on my website: http://cateritsimple.com/_wsn/page2.html

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 4

Hi
I just made a (my first!) small wedding cake for 80 people. I did a 12", 9", and a 6". I quoted a price of $2.25 a slice, but I told them that any icing flowers or filling (other than icing) would be extra. They just wanted dots on the sides and a dot border. So I got $180 for the cake. I don't feel like I charged enough though. It was a lot of work! and I even delivered it! I think I'll charge more next time! Good luck!

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 4

Hi
I just made a (my first!) small wedding cake for 80 people. I did a 12", 9", and a 6". I quoted a price of $2.25 a slice, but I told them that any icing flowers or filling (other than icing) would be extra. They just wanted dots on the sides and a dot border. So I got $180 for the cake. I don't feel like I charged enough though. It was a lot of work! and I even delivered it! I think I'll charge more next time! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%