Help!......anyone Know?

Decorating By apetricek Updated 14 May 2008 , 6:44pm by cupcakemkr

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all! I have friend who wants a Mickey cake that she saw in the Wilton 2005 yearbook. It is a Mickey jumping out of 2 presents. The problem that I am having is that I would need the pan to make the chocolate mold for his head...which I don't have, and apparently has been retired! icon_cry.gif Does anyone know where I could get one of these, or any ideas on how to make the head? It is for next weekend so I am not sure if fondant/gumpaste would be dry by then? I did find some on ebay but they want to rake me over the coals for them. Normally I don't use the character pans, just free hand characters if I make them. Any suggestions out there? Here is a pic of the cake THANKS!

3 replies
mrsdawnwhite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdawnwhite Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:01pm
post #2 of 4

Have you looked on ebay?? They have alot of the retired pans.


all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 4

I didn't check the dimensions...the above would work though, if you only filled the face and ears areas.

OMG! Have you checked on the prices of those MM pans??????

If I weren't going to be using it every day, I'd ether make one using a chocolate transfer method or hand mold one using fondant/gumpaste mixture or modeling chocolate.

Or a giant cookie...anything before paying that much for a pan I would probably never use again.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 4

How about modelling Mickey with Rice Krispy Treat and cover in fondant?

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%