Wilton Doll Pan

Decorating By RRGibson Updated 15 May 2008 , 4:31pm by tiggy2

RRGibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RRGibson Posted 14 May 2008 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 10

I purchased the pan awhile back but haven't gotten the chance to use it yet. However, now I have an order for June where I get to use it! But I have one problem. I moved recently and I seem to remember that something fell out of the box. They looked like rods of some type. Are these absolutely necessary to use this pan? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

9 replies
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 14 May 2008 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 10

The rod is to help the cake bake all the way through. You could experiment and try to bake a cake without it, turn your temp down if you do this or the outside of the cake will be well done and the middle raw.

You might be able to get replacement parts at a cake store if you can't get a cake to turn out so you don't have to buy a new pan.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 10

Your batter might leak out of the pan as well without this rod.

RRGibson Posted 14 May 2008 , 8:07pm
post #4 of 10

Is there just the one rod in the box? It seemed like there was alot rolling around in there!

mbelgard Posted 14 May 2008 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 10

Have you looked in the box to see what's in there?

Here's a list of what mine has listed on the back:

Pan
stand with bolt
instruction book doll pick
Rod

Is there any chance that you got yours used? It might be possible then that someone put spare parts from a second pan in the box.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 14 May 2008 , 9:11pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGibson

Is there just the one rod in the box? It seemed like there was alot rolling around in there!

The pan comes with a rod and a bolt. You place the rod inside the pan and the bolt goes on the outside of that pan. Then you screw the bolt into the rod to hold it all in place.

RRGibson Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 10

I did buy it new but I never opened the box because I didn't need to use it yet. Man, I think I might have to buy a new one or look for the missing pieces in my storage unit. That's a bummer icon_sad.gif

mbelgard Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:09pm
post #8 of 10

Well check your box to see what's in there before you do anything. If you have time do it this week, Hobby Lobby has a 40% off an item coupon this week if you're close enough to one of their stores to take advantage.

RRGibson Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:28pm
post #9 of 10

We don't have Hobby Lobby here, that's another sadface! Oh well, I guess I'll be scrounging in the dark trying to find that rod, hahaha.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 May 2008 , 4:31pm
post #10 of 10

I lost my rod and emailed wilton to see if I could buy a new and they sent it to me for free. I'd send them an email and see what they say.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%