Another Freezing Question:) Actually A Couple Of Questions

Baking By disneynutbsv Updated 14 May 2008 , 4:05pm by disneynutbsv

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 14 May 2008 , 11:07am
post #1 of 5

I have to make 160 wedding cake cookies for a wedding for favors in August. For the same wedding the bride wants me to do her Aunt & Uncles Anniversary cake (they are getting married on their anniversary). So, I'm trying to figure out time wise how to do this, I don't want to mistakenly take another order when I won't have a few days to do it.
Ack, does this make sense?
When can I make the cookies? Should I cut them out, freeze them and then bake them?
I have the wedding cake cookie cutter from Karen's Cookies and its huge! Does anyone know of a smaller cutter?
Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 14 May 2008 , 11:39am
post #2 of 5

I'm not sure what recipe you are planning to use, but you should be able to freeze them, wrapped well, after you bake them, or even after you decorate them (depending on the decorations).

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 14 May 2008 , 11:54am
post #3 of 5

You can cut out the cookies then freeze, then bake
You can cut out, bake, then freeze
You can bake, decorate, and freeze (but be careful there might be discoloration.

Also remember, generally sugar cookies have a shelf life of a couple weeks. So you could start decorating them om Monday and package them by wed. Then you will have the rest of the week to do the other cake. You might want to test that now with your recipt though. Just make a couple cookies and decorate on that schedule. then eat them on Saturday and Monday (some will take home) to test the taste.

HTH JUlia

sheena16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheena16 Posted 14 May 2008 , 11:55am
post #4 of 5

I bake mine up to a month in advance. I put them in a plastic tote and in the freezer. I've never had any problems. I decorate with Antonia's flooding technique and have frozen those also. If they are individually wrapped I freeze like that or if they are for trays I put tissue between them and freeze them. When I thaw them I lay them out on my dining room table and them tray them.

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 14 May 2008 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%