Need A Princess Frog Cake Idea Asap!!!!!

Decorating By Monna7122 Updated 15 May 2008 , 9:58am by cupsncakes

Monna7122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monna7122 Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:29am
post #1 of 4

I am new to this site, so let me just say this first... THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!! I love all of the creative work that I have seen. And the help and recipes that is shared with each other is wonderful. I am new to the "scultured, non traditional cakes" other than that, I have been baking cakes since I was 9, about 20 years. Never really realized until I saw Food Network, just how much can be done. Needless to say, I am only creative and familiar with buttercream icon_redface.gif And currently practicing with fondant. Here is my delima..

I need an idea for a Frog Princess Cake for an adoption shower on Saturday May 17th!! I have been racking my brain until I have nearly lost it. The shower will not be but maybe 15 to 25 people, so the cake doesn't need to be huge. I have done 2 scultured type cakes with great success, a flower pot "Anne Geddes" type cake 2 months ago and a 3D Snowman at Christmas. So I am open to anything. I just need the instruction for know how.

Thank you to anyone who replies and again, All you girls, and guys, are FANTASTIC!!!

3 replies
cupsncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupsncakes Posted 14 May 2008 , 8:28am
post #2 of 4

Wow! This is a tricky one, I searched the galleries and found lots of cool frog cakes and princess cakes, but none together. If you had success with a flower pot cake, why not a water well with a small frog on the top with a princess standing by waiting for a kiss? Just a thought, this ones got me stumped too!

amwey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amwey Posted 15 May 2008 , 12:40am
post #3 of 4

I am also doing a princess frog cake for my niece. I am doing a two tiered 8-12 cake. Iced in girl pink of course! With lots of flowers and sparkles. On top i am going to do a carved frog cake covered in green fondant. the frog is going to a pink tutu and a crown and of course a wand. The entire cake is going to sit on top of a green lily pad. The cake board is going to be iced in blue to look like water. I hope this helps!

cupsncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupsncakes Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:58am
post #4 of 4

Doh! Oh I get it... a princess that is a frog LOL icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%