Any Decorators In Flagstaff, Az?

Decorating By 2yummy Updated 14 May 2008 , 7:14pm by 2yummy

2yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2yummy Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 12

Hi,
I am just wondering if anyone is in Flagstaff. We are in TX right now and will soon be relocating to Flagstaff. Just wondering what the "cake world" is like there, any cake clubs, ect.
Thanks

11 replies
lepaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepaz Posted 13 May 2008 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 12

Hi 2yummy,
I'm not in Flag but used to live in Phoenix, AZ and wasn't tooo far. Their might be a few CCer's that live in Flag, but it's a pretty small town. You'll love it, you have skiing in the winter, horseback riding, Grand Canyon, Sunset Crater and they just got some spring snow and are expecting 6 more inches (not usual for this time of year). I hope to someday get back to AZ icon_rolleyes.gif Anywho, good luck and I hope you like it thumbs_up.gif

mrsbink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbink Posted 13 May 2008 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 12

Hi there! I'm from AZ. Phoenix and Flag both. And I too hope to get back there someday!! icon_lol.gif Flagstaff, is a great town to live in. But it's mostly a college and tourist town. When I lived there wasn't much of the cake stuff going on, but I do think it would be pretty easy to get something started people are pretty nice there and the whole town has a pretty nice community feel to it. And if your going to be in business there, I think there is a great market for it. And now I'm going to go think about how jealous I am because I wanr to move back to Flagstaff.... icon_lol.gif

2yummy Posted 13 May 2008 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 12

Thanks for the comments. I grew up in AZ so I am very familiar with Flag and the PHX area. I will be very glad to get out of the TX heat!!

I hope there will be a great market for cakes! I don't want to stop making them.

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 13 May 2008 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 12

I saw the subject line and had to check out the forum...I went to school in Flagstaff (NAU). I haven't been back since 1993. icon_cry.gif I was planning on moving back shortly after but I met my now husband and decided to stick around a while and see where that lead. thumbs_up.gif I hope to at least go back to visit someday. See how much things have changed/stayed the same. I used to love to go to Black Bart's Steakhouse. There was a great little hole in the wall place great for breakfast/lunch too. I can't recall the name now, but I could go for a bowl of their chili!

Sorry I wasn't able to offer any help about caking in Flagstaff. icon_sad.gif Best of luck with the move!

-Penny

mrsbink Posted 13 May 2008 , 10:02pm
post #6 of 12

So how 'bout we all move back and start a cake club of our own!!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I wish......
oh and was the little hole in the wall place called Mike and Ronda's by chance???

2yummy Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:02am
post #7 of 12

That would be awesome!

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:20pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbink

oh and was the little hole in the wall place called Mike and Ronda's by chance???

I can't remember! icon_cry.gif It's been 15 years since I was there. icon_confused.gif If I was driving through I could find it (if it's still there).

If I could have convinced dh, I would have moved back to AZ years ago. We moved from CT to NJ 2 years ago - I think that's as far as he'll ever go.

mrsbink Posted 14 May 2008 , 2:50pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3884

Quote:

I can't remember! icon_cry.gif It's been 15 years since I was there. icon_confused.gif If I was driving through I could find it (if it's still there).

If I could have convinced dh, I would have moved back to AZ years ago. We moved from CT to NJ 2 years ago - I think that's as far as he'll ever go.

I know I've tried to talk my hubby into too, but he found Oregon and I think we're pretty much here for AWHILE! icon_smile.gif

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:31pm
post #10 of 12

Hi 2yummy,
I have to share my 2 cents whenever I see anything about Arizona. icon_smile.gif
I am aware of at least 100 people from here at Cake Central from Arizona but only know of a couple of those who are in the Flagstaff area. One in Flag and a couple in Prescott. All the rest are in the Phoenix area or down near Tucson with a few more scattered around the state.

I know there are not any cake supply stores in that area but not sure if there are any shops. I do know of two cake clubs in the Phoenix area. One is in Mesa called the Confection Connection Cake Club and the other is in Glendale called the Westside Cake Club. I'm very active in both clubs so if you have any questions, just let me know.

KimAZ

SugarMama602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMama602 Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:39pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:

Mike and Rhonda's is still there!! And as delicious and cheap as ever! They have "The Place" in Glendale and we love it!

2yummy Posted 14 May 2008 , 7:14pm
post #12 of 12

thanks for the info Kim icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%