Hello! Hey, Can I Get Some Feedback On Logos???

Business By mom42ws Updated 15 May 2008 , 5:30pm by saptally

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:14am
post #31 of 48

yep. hmph.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:36pm
post #32 of 48

I guess I'm in the minority... I like the first one. I like more clean simple designs thought. thumbs_up.gif

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 14 May 2008 , 3:40pm
post #33 of 48

I like the first one best.

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 14 May 2008 , 4:17pm
post #34 of 48

yes, this is going to be a tough decision. a friend of mine pointed out that if using the first one i could do some fun stuff with it - it would lend itselft to mimick a cake or cupcake. hmmm....

ashley

Etta1025 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Etta1025 Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:52pm
post #35 of 48

Well, not that you care, but my "real" job is a creative director. So, if this was a work situation, I'd say defintely #4. The layout is good and the colors work well together. However, I'd have the designer try different fonts (and possibly play with the highlighting around the letters). These are the only two elements that are making it difficult to read. A different font might make a world of difference.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

mom42ws Posted 15 May 2008 , 1:31am
post #36 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etta1025

Well, not that you care, but my "real" job is a creative director. So, if this was a work situation, I'd say defintely #4. The layout is good and the colors work well together. However, I'd have the designer try different fonts (and possibly play with the highlighting around the letters). These are the only two elements that are making it difficult to read. A different font might make a world of difference.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

thanks for your professional opinion! i do like the font so we're going to stick to that, yes, she is going to adjust the spacing in between the letters and introduce aqua into the mix. i'm so excited to see the final product and i'm sure i will be posting it and the web designs as well.

ashley

Statler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Statler Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:17am
post #37 of 48

My eye kept going back to the last one. They're all very cute!

armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 15 May 2008 , 11:19am
post #38 of 48

4 definetely!!!! Has more personality then the other one!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 15 May 2008 , 11:40am
post #39 of 48

I think you should use number 4 for business cards and your shop sign........however I LOVE number 1 for putting on the bakery boxes....like to seal the lid when you send out an order? Or when you send mailings or whatever?

susgene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susgene Posted 15 May 2008 , 11:53am
post #40 of 48

#4 is perfect. Very easy to read and I love the colors together. #1 would be good for little stickers for the boxes. Good job!

mom42ws Posted 15 May 2008 , 11:55am
post #41 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I think you should use number 4 for business cards and your shop sign........however I LOVE number 1 for putting on the bakery boxes....like to seal the lid when you send out an order? Or when you send mailings or whatever?

yes, that would be a good idea. when creating company branding/identity, it's important to use just one image that customers will ultimately come to recognize solely as your business. plus, having two logos would cost me a lot more money.

i can see the 4th one on a bakery box, it just won't be a round sticker. i should be getting it's final version today and will post it.

ashley

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 15 May 2008 , 12:02pm
post #42 of 48

okay, yeah I didn't think about that!!! Then I think you should go with 4!

MichelleM77 Posted 15 May 2008 , 12:20pm
post #43 of 48

I do like #4 for it's flair, but to me it was hard to read. I'd go with #1 for it's simplicity, but that's my style.

I finally got it to open and show me the pictures! Sheesh. icon_smile.gif

mom42ws Posted 15 May 2008 , 12:23pm
post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

I do like #4 for it's flair, but to me it was hard to read. I'd go with #1 for it's simplicity, but that's my style.

I finally got it to open and show me the pictures! Sheesh. icon_smile.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

ashley

njusaguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
njusaguy Posted 15 May 2008 , 12:55pm
post #45 of 48

Just a thought: before you decide, you may want to ask your designer to show you these logos in black and white. There is no problem if you are just going to put these on the web, but if you're going to have them printed, bear in mind that each color you use costs money. So in some cases you may only want to have this logo in black and white: stationary, invoices, contracts, etc. In such cases, it's important that it's easily read in both color and black and white.

It sounds like you're really excited about this--good luck!

MichelleM77 Posted 15 May 2008 , 1:08pm
post #46 of 48

Good point. I'm doing the same thing with the logo that is being designed for me. Asked for one in black and white, one in full color for on the web and business cards, and one with just one color for maybe pricier print items where every color costs extra.

mom42ws Posted 15 May 2008 , 1:21pm
post #47 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by njusaguy

Just a thought: before you decide, you may want to ask your designer to show you these logos in black and white. There is no problem if you are just going to put these on the web, but if you're going to have them printed, bear in mind that each color you use costs money. So in some cases you may only want to have this logo in black and white: stationary, invoices, contracts, etc. In such cases, it's important that it's easily read in both color and black and white.

It sounds like you're really excited about this--good luck!

yes, barbara told me about the costs involved with adding more colors but i do want to be sure it looks just the way i want. i'm willing to pay a little extra money. i haven't asked to see how this will look in b&w though. i know it's included with the final versions.

ashley

saptally Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saptally Posted 15 May 2008 , 5:30pm
post #48 of 48

I like the simplicity and colors of the 1st one, but the 4th one is nice too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%