Cake Nightmares!

Decorating By ericaann79 Updated 13 May 2008 , 9:05pm by CakeMommyTX

ericaann79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaann79 Posted 13 May 2008 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 11

Ok, so I have a wedding cake due in less than two weeks...completely simple, close to a design by JenniferMI here on CC. However, last night I woke up at about 2 in the morning after a cake nightmare! Apparently I arrived at the site with the cake in tact, but when I went to stack it, the cake was just plainly covered in fondant...no buttercream decorations / swirls / diamond patter on it at all! I had forgotten the pillars and I didn't bring the buttercream with me for whatever reason and I had arrived late. So I went to Michaels, which is the closest store to the site and bought some retched buttercream in a tub and some lame plastic pillars, ran back to the site and started to decorate it while the ceremony was going on...and I am a guest at the wedding...hilarious!

Just wanted to see what other cake nightmares might be floating around out there!

10 replies
Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 13 May 2008 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 11

Lol! Cake stress! icon_biggrin.gif
It's like those dreams where your back at school in an exam and don't know any of the answers or you suddenly find your self strolling down the middle of the Highstreet naked! icon_lol.gif

ericaann79 Posted 13 May 2008 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 11

And it happens when you aren't even stressed....this was too funny, I couldn't even tell my husband because he would have given me that look like "your even dreaming about cake now?"

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 13 May 2008 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericaann79

And it happens when you aren't even stressed....this was too funny, I couldn't even tell my husband because he would have given me that look like "your even dreaming about cake now?"

icon_lol.gif I KNOW that look! Except it's from my daughter! I dream it, too--sometimes good and inspirational and sometimes night terrors. Oooh, and I also get that look when we are watching tv or talking about something (totally NOT cake related) and I let out a little gasp because that something has given me an idea for a cake! *GASP* There's THAT look icon_razz.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:04pm
post #5 of 11

I have cake nightmares at least once a week, they usually involve me forgetting a cake order and scrambling at the last minute to get everything together icon_cry.gif .
It might have something to do with the fact that forgetting an order is my biggest fear.
I write everything down and keep a schedule but still I worry I will miss one! icon_sad.gif

I told my husband just last night that every time I lay my head down and close my eyes my mind starts racing about upcoming cakes and it drives me insane, it takes me at least an hour to get to sleep because all I think about is freakin cake! icon_confused.gif
He simply told me to "think about something else", easier said then done, its like telling a man not to think about sex every 30 seconds, it just can't be done! icon_biggrin.gif

ericaann79 Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:19pm
post #6 of 11

yourstrulytx - so true! I couldn't fall back to sleep for a good hour because I was thinking of everything I needed to bring with me...and so true about men and sex...what is it? And why is so opposite for women?

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:36pm
post #7 of 11

yourstrulytx--He simply told me to "think about something else", easier said then done, its like telling a man not to think about sex every 30 seconds, it just can't be done!

So true, I thought I was the only one who was terrified to forget an order! Glad to see I have such good company!

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:40pm
post #8 of 11

At least your dream was about a wedding cake; something truly worth stressing about! I have been uptight all week about a silly Graduation cake. I have been dreaming every night about all of the different ways I could screw this cake up. It isn't even that big of a deal. I am doing it more as a favor to the wonderful ladies at my daughter's school. They have always ordered Walmart cakes in the past for this, so I don't know why I am so tense about it. I have three other cakes to do this week, all far more difficult to do than this one. Go figure!

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:58pm
post #9 of 11

Mine is always the dreaded, there is a hair in my cake. Even though I wear a operating room hat and gloves when I decorate, I still have the dream!lol.

Lu

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 13 May 2008 , 7:14pm
post #10 of 11

I always have dreams about the parties I'm planning. So far no nightmares! Just ideas come and it's usually due to the fact that I'm so anal, I want every detail worked out so there is less chance of any surprise!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 13 May 2008 , 9:05pm
post #11 of 11

I fear the dreaded "hair" as well, I wear a hair net and ball cap, but yet every cake that goes out I am terrified there will be a hair in it!

\\

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%